Child // Negan

Requested by SuchFandoms

Being young and in a world full of walker's is tricky, staying safe and finding food is even more harder. But if managed to get this far on my own, and only being 14 doesn't come with any pro's. Most people I come across either don't trust me, think I'll get in the way of everything or take advantage of me. Well, at least try to before they get their insides torn out by a walker or I manage to run away in time. But being in those situations is horrible, I tend to just stay away from all humans now. Almost as if they're the new enemy and not the walker's.

But as I walked along the dirt path of the forest just out the back of the gas station I broke into i heard the sound of car tires skreeching along the cement road not to far away from where I was. The noise of the vehicle was something I hadn't heard in a while, but it send shivers down my spine as I tried to hide.

I saw the men getting out a truck, their weapons in their hands as they went in the gas station I had just raided and took everything left.

They came back out with disappointment on their face - one of them rolled their eyes and shook their head before walking back over to their vehicle once again.

They opened the door, ready to get back in. But I couldn't see them very well so I moved from behind a tree to the bush beside it. But of course me being me I tripped over a root growing out the ground and a small scream came out my mouth which brought the attention of the men to come over and investigate.

They came closer to me with their guns pointing at the bush as I tried to scramble away but with no luck, They saw me as they peeked over the bush and once again pouting their guns at me.

"It's just a kid" the blonde one said as he lowered his gun. but the other man didn't have a gun, he had a baseball bat slung over his shoulder. It looked horrible, it was covered in barbed wire and dried blood covered the wood.

"I haven't seen any children in a while" he smiled down at me as I shivered in fear

"P-please don't h-hurt me" I cried in fear, the man's face turned from excitement to confused

"And why would I do that?" He asked,  leaning forward a little as I still lay on the ground.

"Because I'm a kid...? You're not going to think I'm gonna get in the way?" The only things I've heard in life were 'you're not gonna live in this world long enough to realise what's happened' and it's always stuck in my mind.

"No, you look smart. You know how to live in this world, we could use someone like you" he smirked, not in a weird creepy way more like a 'no need to thank me'.

He held out his hand for me to take, the rough and broken skin felt unwanted compared to my soft skin. "You're so coming back with me" he almost shouted. Most of the words he spoke were loud which scared me a lot, I had never came across someone with such character like him. It was odd really, the way he speaks to the way he stands was almost changed because of the apocalypse. He didn't used to be like that before the world changed, but he seems like a leader, but a leader of a group of terrible people. Either way I'll still go with them if it means food and a place to stay I'll do anything at this stage.

"Why are you so scared?" He asked, getting closer to my face. He bent down to get eye level with me as I was much smaller than him. His lips parted as he waited for an answer, which I only shrugged to. The man rolled his eyes in a disgusted manor, looking at the blonde hand behind him. "Not much of a talker" he stated.

"No, I'm not. Especially towards strangers" I almost spat. Even though my voice sounded full of hatred I didn't want to piss off the man with a barbed wire bat as a weapon

He looked at me with disbelief - chuckling before answering me "Listen Honey, in this world you need as much help as you can get. And at this rate... You're not getting any from me" he sternly told me, much louder than before which scared me much more.

I looked down at my feet, thinking of something to say "Oops"

"Oops?" He laughed "Oops? You're a funny little fucker, ain't you?" The man behind him didn't laugh at all, only just watched us.

His laughing stopped almost immediately, his eyes turned from joyful to a cold stare in seconds "now I hate to break it to ya kid, but if I wasn't feeling so kind right now. You'd be dead in seconds... you hear? Seconds" he fully shouted, intimidating me with his powerful voice - which indeed frightened me to the point of tears.

He didn't see it at first, but after he caught on he Instantly felt saddened, regretful that he just made a child cry. "Listen kid" he started, sighing at his own mistake. He bent down once again at eye level and looked straight into my watery eyes. "I didn't mean to make you cry" he put one hand on my shoulder and brought me into a hug, my face almost squashed into his chest. But it felt relieving, it felt like I had got my father back.

**********

I feel like I've had this request for 8 years, sorry I haven't published it til now.
Anyway, if you liked it please vote and comment and please follow, thank you :))))
*SPOILER*
Benjamin's death was so sad, it actually made me cry. I love him so much and all anyone had to do was protect him and they failed to do that )':