Counterpart [S1:E5]

| September 25 | Monday |

The sound of the alarm pulled me out of my slumber as I felt Megan stir next to me. It didn't occur until after I regained my head that I didn't have to go in to the shop today.

Wait. I didn't have to get up. I could sleep in.

I smiled as I leaned over and dropped my arm around Megan, preventing her from getting up.

"I have an idea," I mumbled.

She rolled over. "What's that?"

"I say we stay in bed and celebrate my new found freedom."

I heard her release a small giggle. "Oh that's right, you get to sleep in." She paused. "Must be nice."

"You can too," I persuaded.

"I cannot."

"Why?" I whined.

"Because..." She kissed my head. "I have class. And I can't miss my test."

"Fine," I caved. "But what am I gonna do all day?"

I watched her pace around the bed. "Oh well, you can do the grocery shopping... and the bathrooms need to be cleaned."

"That doesn't sound fun."

"Cause it isn't."

I groaned in response.

"If you love me you'll do it," she teased.

I just gave her a fake smile as she disappeared into the bathroom.

From now on my Monday's would be pretty open since Jinx was closed. Knowing this excited me.

Since I was wide awake I felt the need to get up and head to the kitchen. I brewed coffee and made some eggs and toast while Megan got dressed. When she walked out she had a smile on her face.

"I could get used to this," she beamed. "You're like my little house wife."

"Go away."

"I'll go to work and make all the money while you stay home, cook and raise the kids," she joked. "Doesn't that sound great?"

"Yeah if it were the fifties," I jabbed.

Megan giggled to herself across the table.

When she left I cleaned up the kitchen and dressed for the day. It was weird knowing I had nowhere specific to be considering for an entire year that hadn't been the case.

So I did what I usually did when I was bored and called Blair.

"Sam what the hell are you calling me at eight in the morning for?" she groaned.

"You have class today?" I wondered.

"Not until two? Why?"

"Wanna come grocery shopping with me?"

"You're joking right?"

I rolled my eyes. "I am not."

"I am not going grocery-"

"Alright I'm on my way. Be ready in five."

"Samantha Carson-!"

I hung up and laughed to myself. It was rare that I got to hang out with Blair nowadays since she was always busy, but now that I had more free time during that day maybe that could change.