Ladies Night [S1:E6]

| September 27 | Wednesday |

The kiss seemed to only last a second before both Jas and I were pulling away from each other.

"I'm so sorry," she claimed. "I don't know why..."

I held up my hands but couldn't find any words.

"I took a few shots with some customers," she confessed. "It was a mistake."

"As long as it doesn't happen again," I answered. "You know I have a girlfriend, Jas."

She couldn't seem to look at me. "I know."

With that I made my exit and tried not to freak out.

Okay, so we had kissed. Well, it was more like she kissed me. I surely didn't kiss her back. She knew that, right? That there had been no reciprocation? Shit... why did this always happen to me?

I attempted to distract myself for the rest of the night while Jas avoided the bar altogether. I honestly didn't have the guts to find her so I let it be. God this was just gonna make things awkward now.

After last call and cleaning up I ran the checkouts of Sara and Quinton and let them go, leaving me and Jas to close for the night.

Jas finished wiping down one last table. "Sam, please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad," I claimed while counting the cash in our register. "Just confused."

"Tequila just makes me wanna make out."

I raised my brow. "Really?"

"Yes really."

"So the kiss meant nothing?" I wondered.

She only hesitated for a second, but it was a second too long.

"No it didn't mean anything."

"Alright." I nodded and closed the register. "I think we should go."

We parted but I was too upset to even turn on the radio on my way home. Megan had been right and I totally ignored her, and now I had to go home and tell her she had been right at one-thirty in the morning.

I fished for my hidden pack of smokes in the door of my Camaro, knowing I shouldn't but decided I needed one. After tonight I just needed a small vice. And it's not like I smoked half as much as I did back in the day.

I pulled up at our apartment complex and wondered if I would regret telling Megan about the kiss. I mean, none of it had been my fault. And she wanted me to be honest all the time, right?

I threw the end of my cigarette out and let myself in, hoping I didn't wake her. I knew if she woke I wouldn't be able to avoid the conversation.

But before I could escape to the bathroom for a shower she rolled over.

"Sam," she called.

I groaned internally. "Go back to sleep. I'm gonna go shower."

"Come here first."

I stood at the foot of the bed and prayed she didn't get up. But my luck ran out when she sat straight and held her arms out.

I moved in to hug her regardless of taking a shower.

"I had a bad dream earlier and you..." Then she trailed off. "Why do you smell like smoke?"

I pulled back. "Uh, I work in a bar love."