Season 3: Episode 2

| June 29 | Friday Morning |

~ Sam's POV ~

Me and Megan were able to drive a whole thirteen-and-a-half hours before deciding to pull over and sleep. Once we crossed the Florida border, exhaustion hit us like a sack of bricks, and we knew we couldn't drive anymore. After finding a hotel somewhere in Lake City, that was of course pet friendly, we hunkered down for the night and decided we would finish the trip to St. Petersburg in the morning. At that point, we would only have three hours left and would be there before noon.

Charlie curled up between me and Megan as I petted her gently, allowing my body to rest from the strenuous drive. Megan was practically passed out already.

"Doesn't it feel weird?" Megan asked.

I looked at her. "What?"

"That we're actually doing this," she continued. "That we no longer live in Missouri."

To be quite honest, it didn't feel real yet. I was sure it wouldn't for at least a few months. It really felt like we were about to take an extended vacation. Although, that would all change once we were settled into our new home and working our new jobs.

"It definitely feels weird," I confirmed. "But I don't think it's registered yet."

"Agreed."

I turned on my side and faced my fiancée. My heart fluttered at the thought. Fiancée. This was also something that was going to take some getting used to.

"What?" Megan asked shyly. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

I smirked. "Because I love you."

Red tinted her cheeks. "I sure hope so."

We laughed as I moved closer, attempting to bring our lips together. Charlie shifted between us and only allowed me a few seconds to kiss Megan before she stuck her jealous snout in between our faces. We continued to laugh at our pup.

Then I turned off our bedside lamp and hugged my little family close, feeling a sense of security and freedom I had never felt before.

* * *

"I love this house," Casey said as she carried a box inside.

"Right?" Megan agreed. "It's the cutest."

I walked side-by-side with Shawn as the four of us carried things from the moving truck into our new home. The house was really nice, in my opinion. My favorite features were outside, though. With a nice fenced-in backyard and a built in underground firepit, I knew there would be a lot of social time happening here in the months to come.

Charlie chased us back and forth from the other side of the fence while we unpacked the truck and filled our new house. It was a draining few hours, but once we were done, Megan agreed that we should order food and finally relax. Shawn had also gratefully bought a case of beer to celebrate our hard work. So, we ordered pizza and kicked back in the living room with our beers.

"So, you two are on your way to becoming Floridians," Shawn said as he sipped his beer. "Good luck."

Casey shoved him in annoyance. Of course, she was the only native Floridian in this house.

"It's weird," Megan started.

Casey gave her a face.

"Not becoming a Floridian." Megan nervously laughed. "It's weird adjusting to the thought of possibly teaching again."

I grabbed Megan's hand and rubbed my thumb across her palm. As much as Megan had wanted to be a college professor, I knew she found joy in teaching younger generations as well. I wasn't sure what direction she was going to go, but I was excited to find out.