Season 4: Episode 6

| April 13th | Saturday Evening |

~ Sam's POV ~

After the couple's therapy session, I could tell letting the idea of helping Ava didn't want to leave Megan's mind. I figured over time, she would eventually accept that it was out of her control, and there really wasn't anything she could do about it. We didn't talk about it anymore, which I also figured was for the best, to help her get over it.

As the show at Crossroads played on, I try to get as much done in the office as I can before I was forced out to help the bartenders. Dane, Ty and Mia were working tonight, which meant I didn't really have to do much, but a bar-back and a server had called out. This meant we were short-staffed.

Eventually the night ended, and we locked the doors, but Crossroads was a complete disaster. We would be here for at least another hour cleaning up before we could leave for the night.

I help and chat with my bartenders who seemed to be meshing well with each other. Mia seemed to have a small crush on Dane and hated the unfortunate fact that he was married. Ty swore Dane was his best friend, but I couldn't help but wonder if Dane had told either of them about his family like he had told me.

"So, Sam..." Dane starts. "Any reason you're particularly quiet tonight?"

"She just misses Megan," Ty teases. "She gets mopey after a long shift without her."

"I do not!" I defend.

"Do too!"

"I think it's cute," Mia includes on my behalf. "You and Megan are the cutest couple, like, ever." Then she turns to Dane who was wiping down the bar. "Dane, how come we don't know what your wife looks like?"

Dane tenses up a bit but shakes it off after a few moments of self-talk.

"Ah, well, you guys never asked," he counters.

"Wait, you're married?" Ty scoffs.

Dane flashes his ring that sat on his left hand in confusion.

"How did I not see your ring?" Ty wonders.

"Probably because people only notice rings if they're interested," Mia says with a laugh.

Ty just shrugs his shoulders and asks, "Well, I wanna see a picture of your wife. She's gotta be fine!"

Dane and I exchange looks while he smirks to himself and pulls out his phone. I couldn't believe this is how he's choosing to come out to his coworkers, but then again, he seemed to not really care how they were going to react. I find inspiration in this.

"This is my spouse, J.C." He flashes them a picture on his phone. "Oh, and I also have a son, Andre."

The looks on Mia and Ty's faces are comical.

"Wait a minute..." Ty leans back. "You're gay?"

"Bi." Dane corrects and laughs to himself. "Why? Are you interested now?"

"No!" Ty throws up his hands. "I mean, not that I wouldn't be if I did like men... but I'm not gay, or bi, because I like women. Strictly women."

"Oh, don't get weird Ty." Mia shoves him. "You're clearly not Dane's type anyway."

"I would totally be his type," Ty argues. "Right Dane?"

Dane holds up his hands. "I'm not answering that."

I just laugh at my employees while we finish up cleaning the bar. It was nice to know this wouldn't affect the relationships, and it made everything more open and accepting. Also, I didn't have to be afraid of accidentally outing Dane at the same time. Not that I was horribly afraid I would, I just knew sometimes coming out for men was a bit more difficult and risky, and there were reasons they held back.