Spiral [S2:E9]

| March 17 | Saturday Afternoon |

~ Sam's POV ~

For the first time in a very long time, I refused to tell Megan something.

I just couldn't tell her that Nikki had showed up to Jinx, claimed Megan still loved her to my face, and got so angry and out of control that I broke down and smoked weed again. Just imagining her reaction scared the hell out of me.

Not that Megan had a problem with smoking weed. No. She had a problem with drugs in general, because she knew my history with them.

And Megan already didn't like Mariah, so telling her this would only worsen the situation. Besides, I knew Mariah didn't have bad intentions.

So, I didn't tell her, and deep down I knew it was wrong, but now it was too late.

We were celebrating St. Patrick's Day on the strip downtown where all the bars were. It was lively, and there were a lot of students around, but the only face I was looking for was Nikki. I swear if we ran into her-

"Sam, do you need another?" Megan asked, referring to my beer.

"Uh, yeah babe." I followed her into Jinx.

At the moment, it was all hands on deck, except for me. Mariah, Sara, Quinton and Jas were handling it, and I of course offered to help, but they told me no, and to enjoy the party since they couldn't.

And I didn't argue.

While Megan waited to get drinks at the bar, I turned to Blair.

"Have you told her?" she asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because," I started. "It's too late now. She'll just freak out even more if I do."

"Sam, I'm not saying you did anything wrong," Blair claimed. "Yeah, I'm sure Megan would be mad if she knew you smoked again and didn't tell her, but it was a one time thing. Plus, you had a valid reason. Bitch Nikki showed up and said some pretty messed up things."

I rolled my eyes at the memory.

"I mean, have you told her anything about that night?"

"No," I answered. "I can't without telling her the whole story."

"And is what Nikki said not bothering you?"

"Of course, it's bothering me." I shoved my hands into my pockets. "It's all I've been thinking about."

"Then you should talk to Megan about it," Blair said. "It's just gonna eat you up inside if you don't."

I knew Blair was right. She usually was about things like this. But for some reason I couldn't. Megan had obviously noticed there was something wrong, but I played it off and blamed it on work.

That's when Megan returned with two beers. "This DJ is awesome."

"Glad you think so," I said, ignoring Blair's disapproving looks next to me.

Megan, Blair, Tony and I drank and mingled with the crowd, danced a little bit, and enjoyed the event. It was difficult for me because deep down I couldn't help but think about what Nikki had said every time I looked at Megan.

She didn't love Nikki, right? I mean, we were living together. Hell, we had even talked about moving again just so we wouldn't have to worry about being together.

Nikki was just trying to get in my head, and it was working.

"Babe?" Megan said. "You okay?"

Blair and Tony were sitting in a booth talking while Megan and I lazily danced together. I must've spaced out with my thoughts.