2-AB now Available!

The Girl With Six Marks
The Battle of New York City
Chapter Two

Continued...

Their eyes locked for what seemed like hours. Alyanna was vaguely aware of her legs moving towards him, her eyes never leaving his. The mark on her shoulder began to throb the closer she got to him.

Tony himself couldn't believe it. His soulmate was none other than Sgt. Jones herself, the daughter of Dr. Arnold Jones and the war hero who single-handedly saved her platoon with no special powers and definitely no fancy armor suit. His soul growled at the idea of his soulmate being in the line of danger, but it also soared at how proud it was of her. He watched her every move like a hawk as she slowly made it to the stairs and then took the stage. She was absolutely beautiful, exotic, and extremely mesmerizing. He's seen pictures of her online but not once did he pay close attention to the details of her face like he was now.

His soulmate had been right under his nose the whole time.

Alyanna couldn't believe what was happening. Her soulmate was right here in front of her, and it was Tony freaking Stark, billionaire, genius, and Iron Man. She walked across the stage towards him, her surroundings slowly evaporating as her focus zoomed in on the man in front of her.

"Sgt Jones," he whispered, barely audible.

"Alyanna," she muttered instinctively.

Tony held out his hand, slightly shaking at the anticipation of the first touch. Alyanna swallowed before reaching up and placing her hand into his. As soon as their fingers touched, a spark of electricity shot through both of their arms but not one dared to move. The feeling of total bliss washed over them and their marks finally calmed, now buzzing with pleasure.

The crowd was silent as they watched the interaction of soulmates meeting for the first time. Whispers of what they were witnessing slowly began to spread across the room. Cameras began to flash and the sudden rush of their surroundings brought the pair back to reality. Alyanna snapped her eyes to the audience, smiling with embarrassment as she accepted the plaque.

Tony couldn't help but feel a huge grin spread across his face at the sight of her. He turned to the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, Sgt Jones, Alyanna, my soulmate."

The crowd erupted into a roar of awe as everyone rose to their feet. Alyanna couldn't believe he just announced that to everyone. The cameras flashed and she knew this would be all over the media by the end of the night. She should feel embarrassed but instead, pride-filled her at the thought of her soulmate wanting to show her off.

She looked back at Tony and saw him grinning madly. He offered his hand again and she accepted eagerly. He led her off the stage and brought her towards a hall that leads away from the banquet. Dinner began and conversation about what just happened flowed through the room.

As soon as they were out of the public eye, Tony turned to Alyanna and brought her into a tight embrace. He smelt her hair and nearly moaned at her scent. "23 years I have waited for you, and not a moment did I think you were going to be as beautiful and amazing as you really are."

She blushed deeply, "I've known about you my whole life, not once did I think one of my soul mates was you."

Tony felt himself freeze at her words. "Wait? One of your soul mates? Do you have more than one?" His tone turned slightly jealous but he kept it polite, he didn't want to scare his soulmate away.

Alyanna felt her heart race in her ears. She hoped the idea of her having more than one soulmate wouldn't be displeasing to him. "I...uh...I have 6, including you."