The Hidden Mark 1

The Girl With the Six Marks
The Hidden Mark
Chapter One

The Avengers Tower

Today was the day.

It's been exactly three years since the alien war that was brought to New York City. Three years since she found all of her soulmates. They've had their ups and downs; facing off with many enemies and conquering each conflict as a team. Alyanna could never imagine what her life would be like if she hadn't been blessed with six incredible soulmates that were unique in their own individual ways.

And as the retired soldier, former S.H.I.E.L.D agent, and current Avenger stares at herself through the mirror, she couldn't believe she was about to face the biggest hurdle of all.

There was a knock on the door and she called for them to come in. The door slides open to reveal a short, older, woman with long dark hair and dark almond eyes. Alyanna watches in the reflection of the mirror as the woman gasps and makes her way over to her.

"My beautiful girl! You look absolutely stunning!" Kimberly Jones gushes over her daughter.

Alyanna blushes as she flattens out the white satin dress

Alyanna blushes as she flattens out the white satin dress. "Do you think he'll like it?" She asks her mother softly, trying to hold back tears.

The woman walks over to her and straightens up the veil that cascades down her back. "I think you will knock all of them off their feet," She whispers into her ear, causing Alyanna to giggle.

Today was the official day that Alyanna and Tony were going to tie the knot, right where they first met. The ceremony was going to be held on the roof of the Avenger Tower, high enough to be away from the press and uninvited guest.

A hand reaches up to cup Alyanna's face and she broke contact with her reflection to stare deep into the eyes of her mother. "My dear, I am so happy we are here today. I am sure your father would be very proud of the woman you have became."

Alyanna felt her heart clench and she was thankful for the waterproof make up she wore. "Oh mom, why do you have to do this now?"

Her mother laughs and wipes the tears away from her own eyes. "How could I not? It is your wedding day, and all I can imagine is that little baby you once were. And how worried we all were when we saw how many marks you had. But now that you've found them I couldn't have ever imagined that they would be these extraordinary people."

"Tell me about it," she snorts. "Every day I ask myself how lucky was I?"

"Luck had nothing to do with it," her mom claps. "They are just as blessed to have you."

Alyanna rolls her eyes. "You have to say that because you are my mom," she points out.

Kimberly waves her hands dismissively. "Oh shush, now come here, I have something for you."