The Hidden Mark 14

The Girl With the Six Marks
The Hidden Mark
Chapter Fourteen

Continued...

Like the first light of the morning sun, the last speck of hope reached over the peak and spilled across the field. Sleek black metal boots steps across the ground, leaving impressions into the soft grass.

Erik turns to see the robotic figure walking towards him. His eyes fall into a glare as he knows exactly who was behind this mask. His lips form a smirk as he stretches out his fingers. "You hide behind a suit just like your pathetic boy toy here," He spats.

The robotic figure stands still, unresponsive to the jab. Erik, undeterred, takes a step forward. He opens his hands up, showing his work to the clusters of monsters. "I hope you like what I've done. I've grown powerful enough to build my own army, and how beautiful it really is," he draws out. "Turns out I didn't really need you to take down Earth's mightiest heroes."

He was only a few feet away from the Black Viper suit, his eyes never leaving the glowing white ones. "I've taken down even the strongest," he continues to brag, enjoying every second. "I've taken down the richest, the smartest, the fastest, the bravest, and even the most mischievous. Nothing in this world can stop me!"

He was only a few inches away from the mask, peering into the glowing orbs as if trying to stare into her soul. "Join me," he whispers, his expression softening. "We could rule the nine relms together," he says in one breath.

When he received no response, his anger began to boil. "SAY SOMETHING!" He snarls aggressively.

"No," the word came out short, sweet, and simple.

Erik exhales, his lips twitching as he smiles. "There you are, I was beginning to think that I was talking to an empty suit," he chuckles.

"You are," came the robotic reply.

Erik's eyes widened before he turns sharply to see Alyanna taking one of her venomous daggers and stabbing it into his back. Erik grunts in pain and holds his abdomen as he turns a disbelieving glance to Alyanna.

She stood there, in her black clad suit, her hair tied up and a very pissed off expression on her face. "You hurt my soulmates, and now I will destroy you," she spits out, fire igniting in her eyes as she stares at him.

"Ah, but they aren't your soulmates dear. Not anymore!" He cackles, teaching around to pull out the knife. His body began to tingle as the toxic kicked in; his heightened immune system battling with it.

Alyanna's fist clenched tightly. "They will always be my soulmates. No matter what a mad man does to remove my marks, they will always be in my heart!"

Erik frowns. "You think a mere human can stop me? Look what I've done to my pitiful nephews. You're nothing but an ant, and I'm the shoe."

Alyanna laughs as she looks down while shaking her head. "Ya know, I thought there was one thing you would have caught on from observing me for so long."

"And what's that dear?" He challenges with a head cock.

Tightening her fist, white light begins to form from her knuckles. Snapping her eyes open, Erik was met with glowing white orbs. "I'm no ordinary human," she states before swinging her hand forward and sending a blast of white light directly into Erik. 

He wails as he was sent back, slightly blinded from the sight. To his astonishment, Alyanna was glowing completely, her hair floating as her suit began to split on her arms, ankles, back, and ribs. Bright light shines out of the rips as Alyanna lets out a scream. She began to float into the air, her body burning all over.