The Hidden Mark 5

The Girl With the Six Marks
The Hidden Mark
Chapter Five

The Brotherhood Hideout

Brown eyes flutter open as a short breath escaped between two chapped lips. Alyanna jolts awake as her body pulses back to life. Sitting up in bed, the woman looks around in confusion at being in a strange room. A hand comes up to touch her head and she blinks down at her lap where a wool blanket covers her body. She tried her hardest to remember who she was, but her mind came up blank. She could remember everything except her identity, which was highly annoying.

The room she was in was small and very basic, almost like a holding cell. Was she in jail?

She moves off of her bed and stand to her feet. She wobbles slightly but regains her balance quickly. Walking towards the door that was unfortunately locked, she begins to bang on it. "Hello!? Is anyone there!?" She calls out.

But when no one answered, she decided to sit back onto her bed. She looks down at her hands, noticing the scars and callous that looked to have build up on her skin. She reaches up to feel her hair and noticed that it was cut short into a bob. There was no mirror in the room but part of her didn't even want to look at herself, she knew she'd probably looked like death.

Her throat was dry though, and she was thankful that there was a sink in the room.

After what seemed like an hour, the door to her room began to unlock and swing open.

"Finally!" She sighs as she slides off the bed.

The door opens to reveal a tall figure. Alyanna stops in her tracks to see the man staring down at her with a blank expression. He had longish dark hair, with handsome features and a few scars here and there. He looked strong and deadly, the metal arm that was attached to his body could probably snap her in two.

She clears her throat, expecting the man to say something. "Um, hi. You wouldn't happen to know who I am or how I got here would you?" She ask sheepishly.

Bucky on the other hand couldn't help but widen his eyes at her words and her appearance. But before she could notice he quickly regained his composure. So what Erik had said was true; she had no memory and it was up to him to make her one of them.

Swallowing, Bucky shuffled his weight slightly trying to avoid looking at her. "Your name is Alana Young, you are a member of the Brotherhood of the Markless. You were injured on a mission and sustained massive memory loss. But don't worry, our doctors insure that you are otherwise healthy." He lies to her, his face as hard as stone.

Her expression changes for confusion to shock as she takes in his words. "Wait...what exactly is this 'Brotherhood' you speak of?"

Bucky hands her a folder full of information. "This contains everything you need to know. You have an hour to go over it before we begin our training."

Alyanna looks down at the folder with a quirked eyebrow. "Training? Didn't I just wake up with no memory a few moments ago?"

Bucky sighs in frustration. "Look, we don't have time for this. Get caught up, and for god sakes get dressed. I'll be back in fifty-nine minutes."

Alyanna gasps as she looks down and realizes she was in nothing but a sports bra and some athletic spanks. As the man begins to walks away, Alyanna closes the door to cover her body. "Hey! Mind telling where these 'clothes' are?" She calls after him.

He stops in his track but without turning around replies, "Check under the bed," before continuing to stalk away.

Rolling her eyes, Alyanna closes the door. "I wonder what crawled up his ass," she murmurs before sitting on the bed and opening the folder.