The Hidden Mark 9

The Girl With the Six Marks
The Hidden Mark
Chapter Nine

Continued...

As soon as they were out of sight Tony turns on Steve and grabs him by the uniform. "How could you just let her go!" He shouts, his eyes red with rage.

Steve understood his anger but he wasn't going to allow Tony to push all over him. He grabs the metal arm and pries it off his chest. "I did what I had to do to insure Alyanna wouldn't be harm."

Tony scoffs, his suit groaning as he steps back in disbelief. "She was right there. Literally just a few feet away. And you just let her go." He felt so betrayed both at the fact that Alyanna just stole from them and didn't remember who they were and that his best friend just stopped them from rescuing her.

Steve wasn't backing down. "We need to do this smartly. Firing at each other will only cause harm to Alyanna."

Tony feels a rush of frustration as he grips his forehead before throwing his hands in the air. "Are you even her soulmate?! Or did you just lose any ounce of care for her when your mark disappeared."

Steve felt super offended as he gawked at Tony in disbelief. "Excuse me?"

Thor, Clint, and Natasha couldn't help but look back and forth between the two like a tennis match.

Tony was sweating and Steve was beginning to get on that level. "You heard me old man. If you truly were her soulmate than you wouldn't just let her walk away with that psychopath!"

With clenched fist, Steve threw his shield directly towards Tony, missing by mere centimeters. "Oh it's going to be like that now?" Tony scowls, his protective mask falling down onto his face. He steps forward with his hand raised, glowing with the anticipation of firing. "Bring it on asshole."

Steve holds a defensive stance, daring Tony to fire at him. But before either could make a move, Thor sends his hammer towards Tony gently, knocking him into a tree. Natasha and Clint step in between them, their hands raised to stop the unnecessary fight.

"Enough of this!" Thor booms as his hammer makes it safely back into his hand. "You fight like children!"

Tony groans in pain as his body recovers from being slammed into a tree. Steve's jaw tightens as he stares at his teammates.

Natasha frowns as she looks between Steve and Tony. "I hate to admit it, but Steve did the right thing," she says even though it pained her.

Tony gives her an incredulous look. "You can't be serious," he mutters sarcastically.

"Hey guys, instead of arguing, why don't we follow the helicopter to their base?" Clint suggests, motioning towards the direction it had disappeared too.

Everyone stares at him for a bit before springing into action. Before they could get a move on, they heard a snap of a branch from behind them. They all turned, weapons raised, as a out of breath Bruce comes barreling through the trees.

"Was she-re-really here?" He gasps for air, clearly winded from the sprint.

Tony doesn't respond as he glares through his mask, his feet igniting as he takes off into the sky.

Steve grabs his shield and straps it to his back before taking off full speed in the direction where Tony flew off to. Thor swings his hammer and he was gone as well.

Clint and Natasha give each other a look before they begin to head back to base.

Bruce looks around in confusion as his team disassembled into different directions. "What?" He says outloud. "Was it something I said?"