Brotherhood 4

The Girl With Six Marks
Brotherhood
Chapter Four

S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters

Alyanna slammed her fist down on the table. "I should have known she was behind this! She's so envious of soulmates that this sounds like something she would pull!"

Steve furrowed his eyebrows, "But this doesn't seem like something a person such as Pepper Potts could pull off. Sure she's smart, but capable of putting together a terrorist organization in little over a year? There has to be someone helping her."

Fury nods, holding up a folder before handing it to Alyanna. "Roger's right, about two months after her imprisonment, Miss. Potts was bailed out of Mutant Prison."

"Bailed out!? Who would bail her out?" Alyanna exclaims. "And why weren't we notified?"

"There's no information on the person and it was actually covered up until I began to do some digging," Fury explains. "I believe that whoever did bail her out, they are the ones behind the Brotherhood of the Markless."

The female Avenger rubs her face, her mind still hooked on the fact that Potts was walking around freely. Not to mention that they had her in their custody, but let her go after falling for her mutation again. "What else have you been hiding from us?" She jabs towards Fury who gives her a shocked expression.

"I've told you what I've known," he tells her.

Alyanna looks up at him with a glare. "See I don't think your telling the truth." She stands and walks to him, standing right in front of him as she stares up at the S.H.I.E.L.D director.

"What are you inquiring Agent Jones?" Fury challenges.

"All I can say is that you know a lot more than what you are telling. And if you want us to be your agents then you need to tell us just a little bit more or else we're walking," Alyanna answers boldly, her arms crossing.

The Director stays quiet for a moment, his eyes flashing up to Steve who gives him a look as if saying, "You better tell her what she wants."

"Fine," Fury barks. "You want to know the truth? Here it is."

"For the past thirty years, we've been tracking this group. We first thought they were part of Hydra, but it turns out they are completely separate. They are not new, this is why we have so much information on them. We knew that James Barns was alive, although we thought he was with Hydra," Fury says, looking at Steve.

"Also, the day after Agent Schoeler's body was sent to Germany, I received a call claiming that the body never made it to land," he continues.

Alyanna felt like a bucket of ice water was suddenly dumped on her. "WHAT!?" She cries out. "What does this mean?"

"We have speculations that Agent Schoeler was a spy sent from the Brotherhood. When he was 'killed' they must have taken his body back," he tells her.

Alyanna's mind flashes back to the man in the skull mask that Steve was fighting. She knew she had recognized him from somewhere with his metal knuckles. She had to sit down to take this information in. Was everything she knew a lie? The talk on the balcony, did he really meant what he said or was he just...faking?

"I can't believe any of this," Alyanna breathes into her hands.

"This organization seems to have a motive that revolves around soulmarks. They are recruiting those who are markless and also revengeful because of the bond. They have only been recently making themselves public, and we can only assume it's because they are about to make a big move."