A Mission in Paris 7

The Girl With Six Marks
A Mission in Paris
[Chapter Seven]
Farewell to a Friend

S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters-Rooftop

The helicopter wings began to start up, sending gusts of wind throughout the flight pad. Alyanna stood there, dressed in her old dress uniform. Beside her, Natasha, Clint, Tony, Bruce, Steve and Fury all look on solemnly as the coffin draped in a german flag loaded onto chopper.

Alyanna tried her hardest from crying, her full military acting on full force. Several agents held his coffin and as they slowly began to load him onto the helicopter, the sound of taps was played.

Alyanna salutes along with Steve and Fury, as she gave Luis her final goodbye. A single tear lips down her face as the trumpet continues to play the song for the fallen. He had given his life to save her, he had given her everything. Although she didn't regret what happened in the past, she was still glad they were able to forgive each other.

She would cherish those last moments with him for the rest of her life.

Upon the last note of taps, Alyanna, Steve, and Fury drop their salute, her tear dropping from her face and landing onto the concrete below.

With the helicopter loaded, it began to lift into the air and take to the sky. It early morning, and the helicopter rose along with the sun as it carried the fallen soldier back to his homeland.

Alyanna walked forward, her eyes following the aircraft till it vanished over the horizon. She stood there for a long time, the new morning air tickling her soft skin. She felt a presence beside her, and she felt an arm drape over her shoulder.

"I only knew him for such little time, but I can say this much, he was a good man," Clint speaks softly.

"He was," she replies in a broken voice, her lips quivering as she tries to keep it together.

"He'll be remembered as an Avenger, as a hero," he tells her.

She hums, and turns to give him a sad smile. "I've lost many people in my life. From my father to my men on the field. But losing someone like this...I could never imagine losing one of you."

"You don't have to. Because darling, we're not going anywhere," he assures her, giving her shoulder a light squeeze.

She looks up at him, a brighter smile breaking out across her features. She looks over her shoulder to see her other soulmates standing there, giving her a loving smile. "Come on hun, we're all heading to Banner's place for breakfast.

She nods, "I'll be there in a minute." He tilts his head in understanding before joining the other avengers. She turns back to the sunrise, her heart feeling like it had just went through a washer machine.

She closes her eyes and remembers his face, everything that they did, all their conversations, and even the intimate times they had. She inhales deeply, remembering every touch, hug, and kiss. She then exhales, releasing everything into the air.

Alyanna felt her whole body relax as she let go of the past, sending it off with him. What was important was what was happening now. And who she had now.

"Come on baby! There's some chocolate chip waffles waiting for you!" She heard Tony call to her follow by a smacking sound and an 'owe!' She giggles, she could only assume that one of her other mates smacked him for being insensitive.

She turns around and runs up to them. "I love you guys," she states, and her mates beam back at her.

"We love you too sweetheart," Tony replies, giving her a one sided hug.

They leave together, Alyanna not looking back once.

THE END of A Mission to Paris

ALYALYALY
wow guys! First substory is done! The next one is going to be about Aly/Tony.
Quick question: is anyone still interested in this story? Please let me know that your still reading and want to read more!
I have so many plans for this series and I hope to have the support!
Please let me know if you have any questions/suggestions/ comments.
Till next time!
Lots of love
Alynelovesyou

A Few Days Later
Director Fury's Home-Middle of the Night

The sound of a phone call rings in the night, waking up a very grumpy and tired S.H.I.E.L.D director. He answers the phone in a gruff tone. "Fury."

"Sir," the agent on the other line replies. "We have news on Blackhawk 462."

Fury's eye widens as he sits up in bed. "Go on with it?"

"Agent Schoeler's casket arrived empty sir."

Fury remains silent as he takes in his words. "Sir? Should I contact the Avengers?"

"NO!" He shouts. "This remains between us. We'll deal with this later."

"Yes sir." And with that Fury hangs up the phone, laying back onto his bed as he stares up at the ceiling.