The Hidden Mark 8

The Girl With the Six Marks
The Hidden Mark
Chapter Eight

Avenger Headquarters

It has been a week since Alyanna was kidnapped, and the Avengers were working tirelessly on finding her. The brotherhood had remained quiet, no disturbances, no sightings, and definitely no Alyanna.

A massive search had been sent out across all the states, issuing a warning for Erik Ewing and Alyanna Jones, hoping someone would come forward with a lead. Thor, Tony, and Steve had returned to the compound to unite with the others. Steve had made it very clear that they needed to stick together in case they were given any hints or leads.

Suddenly, the alarms blared loudly throughout the building, alerting everyone of a threat. Tony, who had been working with Bruce in the lab, looks at the others who all shared the same expression. There was an intruder, at the Avenger's Headquarters.

They spring into action: Tony used his wrist plates to form his suit, Natasha and Clint grab their weapons, Steve grabs his shield and Thor summons his hammer.

"Banner stay here," Tony commands hurriedly. "And no turning green!"

Bruce mocks salutes while running to the computers to look at the surveillance footage. "Heads up, sector 7," he says in the communication device as the avengers dispersed.

"On it," Natasha acknowledges as her and Clint run to that part of the building. Who ever dared break into the headquarters was obviously linked to the Brotherhood and that meant to Alyanna.

Tony flies towards the roof, his scanners scanning the whole building. "There's too many bodies in the building to see who the intruder is," he tells them. But as his helmet continues to scan, a certain heat mass begins to run full speed away from the oncoming Black Widow and Hawkeye.
"Wait, I have a heat signature leavings sector 7 towards the T-5 exit," Tony says as he flies there.

Captain America and Thor run outside, trying to cut the intruder off before they can escape.

Natasha and Clint make their way down the hall, there's eyes catching a black figure turning a sharp corner. "There!" Natasha shouts and they run after the figure.

The masked person looks around while breathing heavily. They hear the incoming footsteps from behind them and decided to find the nearest exit. An emergency exit was only a few feet away and they decided that would be the best route to take. Kicking the door open, the thief takes off into the fresh air.

But they only got a few feet before a red figure drops down in front of them. Iron man hold up a glowing palm and his face mask retracts. The fully dressed figure turns to the right but was stopped by Steve and Thor who flanked their sides. Behind the thief, Black Widow holds a gun and Hawkeye holds his bow and arrow, aiming directly at them.

They surround the thief with defensive posture. Tony was the first to speak. "Alright masked ninja, you're surrounded and there's nowhere to go. Return the tech you stole and I'm sure we can sort out all this misunderstanding out."

The figure holds the backpack tightly to their back, there eyes narrowing behind the mask they wore. They remained silent, not giving away any clue of who this person was.

"We're not going to ask again," Steve says from his spot. "I'm sure we can settle things out peacefully."

The figure continued to stay quiet, only turning their head around to search for any openings.

"I am tired of standing here, do not make me use this," Thor booms as he twirls his hammer.

Finally, the figure moves, turning around and moving straight for Natasha and Clint. Kicking a foot out, they slam into Black widow's chest, knocking her a few meters away. At the same time, they swing around and grab a hold of Clint's shoulders, flipping above him and taking him to the ground. They were so fast and strong; but after taking out the top two S.H.I.E.L.D agents in history, the thief was feeling confident.