The Hidden Mark 13

The Girl With the Six Marks
The Hidden Mark
Chapter Thirteen

Avengers Headquarters

As soon as Bruce checked Alyanna's vitals and deemed her okay, Thor took Loki to a room where he could be monitored; the scepter was safely secured away, and Steve took Alyanna to her bedroom where they laid her down to rest.

"Are you sure it worked?" Clint asks barely above a whisper, looking down at his beautiful soulmate.

Bruce checked her heartbeat once more. "It's steady, she's in a deep sleep but not in a coma. She should be waking up after a normal night of sleep."

"I think I'll finally be able to have a full night sleep as well," Natasha says as she lays beside Alyanna, taking in every inch of her face.

"I'm sure we all will," Steve nods, sitting at the end of the bed.

"We can't forget that we still have a psychopath on the loose," Tony pipes up as he stands in the doorway with crossed arms.

"Tony, we haven't had proper rest in over a week," Natasha argues as she closes her eyes.

Tony watches as Clint and Bruce pull out blankets to lay on the floor. It wasn't long before s'mores could be heard from everyone. Steve smirks and gives Tony a shrug. "You should get some sleep too Stark."

Tony frowns. "Loki is in our home and there's still a madman on the loose. It'll be hard to find sleep tonight."

Suddenly a whimper escapes from Alyanna as she mutters Tony's name in her sleep. Tony's heart skips a beat and he found himself coming to her side. His hand reaches up and touches her arm gently. A sigh escapes his lips as he sits down on the ground, his head coming down to rest against the bed; his hand never leaving her arm.

Steve watched the tender moment as Tony's eyes fell closed and sleep overcame him. Standing to his feet, Steve walk over to turn the light off before leaving the room and allowing the others to rest. With the serum, he didn't need as much sleep as the others, so keeping watch was what he intended to do.

Next Scene
Along the Avenger's outer boundary.

The moon was a crescent in the night sky, the air humid with no wind. Glowing hands press against the chain metal fence, deforming it to great a hole. The figure steps through, vengeance in his eyes. The shadows from the trees began to form Erik's army. He was going to take back what was his, and so much more.

And he was going to crush the Avengers like the ants they were.

With clenched fist, Erik summoned the power he's been holding back from within. The power he's been saving for this exact moment. He lost his men, and he lost the mind stone, but he didn't need that anymore. Not when his God powers have officially been restored.

After he takes over Midgard, Asgard was next.

His eyes glow yellow as he points his shadow army towards the headquarters. "Finish them," he snarls in his throat.

The dark figures growl and hiss and they took off full speed.

Cuts to Thor and Loki

They stood by the window of Loki's temporary room. Thor gave Loki a smile of gratitude.

"I have to say, thank you for your help brother," Thor says sincerely.

Loki rolls his eyes as he smirks. "Say that as you kneel before me and maybe I'll consider it genuine," he teases and Thor points a finger at him.