10

The Girl With Six Marks
The Battle of New York City
Chapter Ten

S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters

They managed to land the helicarrier safely to the ground. Natasha and Clint were taken to the medical facility where they began to undergo the healing process. Tony locked himself in the research lab, not speaking to anyone as he worked desperately to find where Loki could have gone. Thor and Captain America began mapping out plans of how to stop Loki and Bruce was nowhere to be found. 

Clint was the first one to wake up. He shoots up and gasps, his mind feeling as if it had just been rung out like a wash cloth. Flashes of a beautiful dark hair woman fills his mind, and the cherry blossom mark on his left thigh sparks. His mate...He had found her...but what happened?

He closes his eyes and tries to remember. The last thing he could conjure up was being attacked by a weird 'Loki' man, and then nothing but blue light. Flashes of the woman appears in his mind, and he remembers hearing her cry out to him.

He looks over and saw Natasha. He rips out the IV and walks over to her. His dear friend, she had a large bruise on her face. He reaches down to push a strand of red hair away from her face when she suddenly grabs his arm, her green eyes snapping open.

She shoots up, "ALY!" She screams, breathing hard. Clint jumps, startled from her sudden action.

"Hey now, shush, you're okay," he tries to calm her.

Her eyes look around widely before landing on him. "Clint?" She murmurs.

He nods, giving her a smile. She smiles in return and reaches up to wrap her arms around him.  "Nice to see you too Nat," he says to her, rubbing her back gently.

Natasha suddenly fills with dread, she moves away. "You...you hurt her," she says sadly. "Loki has her," she came to realization as she tries to stand up.

Clint grabs her to steady her. "Who did I hurt? What's going on?"

Natasha glares at him, but then realizes that he had been mind controlled the whole time and her gaze softened. "You might not believe me," she pauses, "But we found our mate."

A few moments later...

After she explained everything to him, Clint felt like absolute shit

After she explained everything to him, Clint felt like absolute shit. He sat on the bed with his head in his hands, his fist balled tightly.

"How could I do such a thing!?" He cries to himself, the guilt feeling overwhelming.

Natasha touches his shoulder. "Hey, its wasn't your fault. Loki was controlling you, you had no control."

"But I haven't even met her yet, and her first impression of me is trying to kill her," he grumbles.

"Alyanna knew you were being controlled, she loves us all, she'll forgive you," she tells him reassuringly. 

Next Scene
Research Lab