The Devil Wears a Pencil Skirt 7

The Girl With Six Marks
The Devil Wears a Pencil Skirt
Chapter Seven
Confrontation 

Iron Man's Suit

Tony focused in on the red headed women that was running through the halls of S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. She swerved in and out between the other agents who looked on in confusion. Tony flew after her, careful to not knock anyone out of the way while yelling at the others to move aside. They quickly obeyed as Iron Man shot passed them and towards what they had thought was Agent Jones.

Pepper was breathing hard as she tried to run her fastest. She cursed for not being gifted with a more usable mutation. She made it out of the doors and shot straight for the woods, but she knew it was no use. Tony's suit will be able to find her in no time.

She was right.

Stark narrows his eyes at the woman who ruined his relationship and sped quicker towards her. As he gained on her, he opened his hands to grab her tightly by the arms. She screamed in pain from the sudden interaction as Tony shot up into the air.

Once he was a few hundred feet in the air, he gripped the woman in his grasp tightly, his mask glaring down at her terrified face.

"Where is she?" He orders in his robotic voice.

She clings onto his metal hands for dear life, her eyes shooting downwards where her stomach swirled from the fear of heights. "H-How did you know!?" She stutters, her green eyes staring at him with fear.

"I paid a small visit to an old friend of yours," he answers her smoothly.

She closes her eyes, "Xavier," she grumbles under her breath. Of course he went to him!

Iron Man's eyes narrowed down at her. "Precisely, now I won't ask again. Where. Is. Alyanna?"

Anger surged through the mutant female and she spat at him. "Fuck you Tony! I've loved you for a long time and all you care about is her!"

Tony removed his mask to become face to face with the distranged woman. "I've only known you for as long as a month! How can you possible love me?"

She looks away with tears in her eyes. "I've known you for years..."

Tony lifted an eyebrow. "Well that's pretty creepy."

Pepper snapped her eyes back to his, desperation clear in them. "I can make you happy, you never have to worry about being lonely or sharing!" She reaches a hand out to touch his face. "I can be all yours."

The older man let her touch his face, but his eyes turn back down into a glare. He bring her closer to his face to where he was able to stare deeply and intensely into her fiery green orbs. A spark of hope could be seen in the red head's iris, but it was soon deflated. "I'd rather spend the rest of my days alone than to spend another moment with you."

The words cut through her like a serrated knife and she felt the rest of her heart breaking. She choked back a sob and turned her sorrow into anger. "Then you will never find her!" She shouts at him.

"Wrong choice sweetheart," he says while releasing his grip on her and letting her fall towards the Earth.

Pepper lets out a shrilling scream as her stomach drops and her life flashes before her eyes. She was only falling for a second, but it felt like an eternity until she felt herself being caught and lifted back up into the air. With her eyes closed tightly, Pepper grips onto the metal arms that held her with a death grip. When she finally did open her eyes, she saw that Tony was taking her higher.