The Hidden Mark 12

The Girl With the Six Marks
The Hidden Mark
Chapter Twelve

Avengers Headquarters
Three days later.

It's been three days since Alyanna has returned from the clutches of Erik Ewing. Bucky was still nowhere in sight and Thor had returned to Asgard to retrieve Loki. Alyanna was adjusting to her new life by the Avengers side and was even able to speak to her mother and Annie who remained in Texas till they could sort all of this out.

Alyanna was currently watching videos of her and the group on her personal cell phone. The smiles and laughs she shared with each one brought happy tears to her eyes. "We were really close," she murmurs to Bruce who was sitting beside her at the table.

The brown hair man stares at his love while she enjoyed browsing through the hundreds of photos through the past three years.

"It is quite extraordinary how one person could have so much love in their heart," he says warmly to her.

Brown eyes flutter up to him. "You are a scientist, have you ever tested as to why I have so many soulmarks?"

The question catches him off guard; Bruce leans back in the black leather chair as he asses how to answer. "No, I can't say I have. Doesn't mean I haven't thought about it," he speaks. "Soulmarks are a phenomenon that even the best geniuses of the world could never explain with science. They have become such a part of society that no one ever questions them."

Alyanna takes in his words, but she couldn't help but continue to press. "But why six? I'm not trying to be offensive, but why does someone need to be with six people?"

Bruce grins as he opens his hands. "That's the thing, we'll never truly know why. All we know is that we love you, and want to be with you, even if that means sharing."

Alyanna furrows her eyebrows. "Erik believes soulmates are a curse, to those who don't have one. So many people in this world walk around without a mark," she pauses as a dark haired someone crosses her mind. "How selfish is it for me to have six magnificent people to myself?"

Bruce shakes his head. "No, no. It's not selfish at all. If it weren't for you, the Avengers would have been brought together on different terms and who knows how well we would have worked together. Steve and Tony fight enough as it is, without you, we would fall apart and who would be left to protect the world?"

The brown hair girl hugs her arms as she leans back in her chair, her phone placed on the table. "Bruce, the Avengers shouldn't be established purely on the fact that we are soulmates. What if something happens to me? Would the team fall apart and the world be left exposed to all the psychos who wish to claim it?"

The scientist thinks for a moment; he's never really given much thought to all the what if's. "I can't speak for the others when I say this, and my situation is a little different with the other guy, but the Alyanna I know you are would never allow us to choose her over the sake of humanity. That's the selfless hero you grew to be." He reaches over and grabs her hand. "It doesn't matter what anyone says, you were destined to bring us together. And you were destined to keep us united, for the sake of mankind. And that's something science, will never be able to explain."

Alyanna smiles as her thumbs rub over Bruce's palm. "I hope whoever this Loki person is, he will be able to restore my memories. I would love to remember who your Alyanna was."

Bruce nods his head, his eyes growing sad. Oh how missed being able to hold and kiss her.

Next Scene
Riri Williams's basement
Three days before...