Taming the Beast 6

The Girl With Six Marks
Taming The Beast
Chapter Six
Redirection

Outskirts of Las Vegas

The Hulk raged closer to the city

The Hulk raged closer to the city. His fist slamming into the ground with every giant leap he took. His chest felt heavy and imagines of his soulmate flashed through his mind.

Inside of him, Bruce screamed to get out.

The big green Avenger suddenly stopped, peering over the horizon where the city resided.

Every instinct of his told him to destroy, to smash, to revenge. But the older Bruce got, the more conscious the Hulk became.

He huffed, remembering how he had helped the others defeat the creatures from the sky. Wasn't he supposed to be good now?

"Hulk good," he grunts out loud.

It was true. The Hulk didn't want to purposely kill innocent lives, but he just gets so...angry.

His rage blinds him and he loses control.

The girl...

Alyanna.

Her face imbedded into his mind and he shook his face as his eyes started to strain red.

"NO!" He roared, slamming his fist together.

The helicopter had tried to kill him, and the helicopter killed his soulmate.

People controlled helicopter.

People killed his mate.

People must suffer.

The very small mind of the Hulk lost all sense and once again the rage took over.

A few miles away...

The newly made team soared over the sky, Alyanna holding onto Peter while she tracked the Hulk down.

Peters senses were all over the place as he was flying 100 feet off the ground. He held onto Alyanna for dear life and he could only pray that she wouldn't drop him.

"Thanks for the ride again," he screams out over the sound of the rushing air.

"No problem! I figured it's better than you running!" She shouts back. "Remember the plan?" She questions him.

"Distract the Hulk away from the city, then let you take over!" He responds with a thumbs up.

Alyanna smiles under her helmet.

That smile turned to a frown as she spotted her soulmate running. She boosted herself faster, noticing that he was getting closer towards the highway.

"I'm going to throw you!" Alyanna yells to Peter.

The spider boy snaps his head up. "WHAT?!"

"Ready?"