Caught w/ candy

Mainly Kaz, a tiny bit of Inaz implied and dedicated to moi! Anyway, enjoy from wild!
Spoiler alert for those who have not read CK!
Not even the best of us can resist candy nor the worst.

The six of crows, or should I say five R.I.P. Matty! We're sitting in Wylan's mansion, talking normally. Mainly shipments going well and small talk, Kaz had no real interest in this, he had just been dragged here by Inej. One of Wylan's servants placed a candy bowl right in front of Kaz, just a well rounded selection.

At first, Kaz just ignored the bowl, but the colorful wrappers were catching his eyes easily, probably due to the lighting hitting the silver and gold wrappers. He had always had a horrible sweet tooth, which he started to ignore as he got older, until practically cutting it completely out of his diet.

What could one piece hurt? He snuck a piece away from the bowl, being the proper thief he was he could sneak all the candy he wanted without them knowing, except for the sugar rush. That was another reason why he didn't touch candy or sugar. He had a bad sugar rush, not just bad, but deadly. He would become a happy killer, a creepy happy one and far more child like.

As soon as the random candy was slipped from the wrapper and into his mouth unnoticed he tried to figure out what it was, something like toffee and caramel. The taste was blissful and reminded him of the good parts of his childhood. He closed his eyes and let himself savor the flavor before returning his attention to the meeting and letting the candy dissolve under his tongue.

Nobody really paid attention to him, and the candy had been irresistible after that first piece, though he remained cautious, leaving at least 3/4 of the bowl. When he left he didn't think anybody noticed how he was a bit more giddy and fighting a smirk and crazy grin. Once he was on the streets he decided to do something reckless, the sugar impacting him further.

He found the rest of the Dime lions, who were gathering resistance and dealt with them easily, his happiness threw them off and so did the cackles that echoed the allies. He was burning the access energy the sugar gave him, Kaz returned to the Crow club with a bad shoulder wound, but he was once again trying to hide his grin.

He didn't count on Jesper being there playing a game of cards, with Wylan complaining about a waste of money, and Inej just watching them with an amused smirk, till out of the corner of her eyes she saw Kaz. She turned fully toward Kaz to address him, the others following her sudden movement, Kaz felt their eyes settle on his wound. He shrugged it off, walked past them and into one of the back rooms where he stashed medical supplies.

Inej walked in with the others, Kaz was pulling some money from a cash register, counting it and pocketing it. He ignored the wound completely as he went about what he needed, grabbing a few stacks of paper discarded on a nearby table. "That's a lot of blood." Jesper commented, Kaz arched a bow then he grabbed a small cleaning rag from the table medical equipment and put it on the open wound, blood gushed onto the rag as he wiped it off his shoulder, tossing it aside and as he stepped out the words, "there, now it's less." And a cackle was all Kaz left behind him.

A couple of days later
Inej walked into the slat, tossing something at Kaz's desk, he caught it on pure reflex, looking down at the small chocolate and toffee, "Inej wha-" Inej smirked, his eyes met hers. "I never thought you to be one for sweets" she teased, "anyway, Wy and Jes want you to come have dinner with us?" Kaz shrugged, "I want you there too." Inej added quietly. Kaz popped the candy in his mouth, Inej already knew he liked them from the meeting so why the hell not? "I'll be there." Kaz confirmed, Inej smiled before leaving down the stairs silently.

Inej out of Kaz's view didn't stop smiling, she had only seen it when he left because she had been staring at the candy bowl, so she knew that some was missing, and then Kaz's off behavior later on confirmed it. She never knew Kaz had a sweet tooth until now, he didn't act like one. "When I'm a rich man you can figure out my secrets out too." Kaz had said something along the lines when he told her to follow the rich men and women and she asked about if he was rich.
So she started doing exactly that. Just another piece of information but not to destroy him with, but to understand him with.