Sewn into my wallet

Kaz was in a position he wasn't use to being in, though that wasn't a bad thing this day. He hoped he could spend more of his days like this. Her arms lightly wrapped around his neck, resting on his shoulders and they bent so that her hands were intertwined at his back, between his shoulder blades, creating a loose embrace. Kaz could feel the waters, taunting and teasing but Inej was so warm, even in the winters cold season, and the freezing touches of dead skin and ocean could not reach him here. He closed his eyes, head resting on the arm rest of the couch which was more comfortable than he would have imagined, though it was Wylans' couch, he wouldn't allow himself to be this vulnerable anywhere else, there would be too much risk if he did. 

"Kaz..." she whispered, shifting so that she picked up her head from where she had buried it into his chest and laid it on her arm, and rested her head against his own. "what.." he hummed, heat coursing through his veins and skin as her hair brushed across his neck in long cascading waves, the heat of her soft cheek on his was driving him both insane and soothing him to a point in which talking was too much of a bother. "We do have to go steal that painting." he begrudgingly opened one eye and tilted his head away from hers, just enough to see the window, a snow and sleet mix fell heavily outside. He grunted, his leg throbbing at the thought of trying to walk in that, let alone pull off a robbery. " Heist is canceled, too cold outside." he grumbled, resting his head against hers again, splaying his fingers across the small of her back. She giggled and Kaz wondered for the first time if it was a dream or not, only to disintegrate the thought as soon as it appeared. She looked toward the window before replying, "That's a first. Kaz- The Bastard of the Barrel, with heart and veins frozen over saying its too cold?" she teased him, his lips tugged up at the corners, setting his mouth into a somewhat crooked grin. Before she could notice he schooled his expression into a scowl. "I suppose you make a good point, we should get up and go-" he started to sit up, only for Inej to tighten her grip, he could feel her muscles constrict around him. "nooooo..." she moaned, like a child too tired to head to school Kaz chuckled, nudging her. "come on, you are the one who said it, we have things to do." "You said it's canceled." she shot back, as he went to stand up she went completely limp, forcing Kaz to stay on the couch, and he laid back down much to her pleasure as she crawled back into her spot, up against the back of the  couch, while half laying on top of Kaz, not that the really minded. In fact, it was his plan all along. 

"I don't want you to go." Inej muttered against his neck, pulling the blanket she had taken with her from the guest bed around her shoulders, Kaz grabbed the corner piece and tucked it into the couch, underneath the cushion  so that it was more tight around them and would therefore hold in heat better. "Then I'll stay if it's really that important to you." His teasing words were punctuated as she brought her lips against his, just a quick but gentle kiss, her soft lips warm on his, brushing in a almost teasingly light pattern. His heart didn't quicken and panic never ensued, instead he just wanted to steal another kiss from her. Inej smirked and just kissed his nose with a teasing grin. Kaz huffed, twisting so he was now on his side, pushing Inej onto the couch as well, both of them resting on their sides and facing towards one another. Inej smirked and brought her hands under his shirt, she ever so lightly brushed her hands along his skin, tracing circles as he tried his best not to fidget as the soft touches made his skin crawl in a way that he wanted to end but also repulsed the idea of it ending. "Inej..." he hissed, pulling her closer so she would stop her teasing touches. "Yes, Kaz?" she asked pleasantly, Kaz's only response was moving them both back to their previous positions.

 Then the door slammed open, revealing a very cold Jesper and Wylan, they tromped through the house. "Nina is in the Ravakan paper for her new diplomatic placement in  the government system and Kaz is in the newspapers for the barrel rats,  who will it be next!" "What?" Kaz asked and the two new males jumped. "Your suppose to be on a mission." Jesper whined, Wylan however smirked and promptly commented "don't you two look cozy?" "Hey, you stole my line." Jesper complained, before sulking to the chair and pulling himself in it to pout unhappily. "I should be in the newspaper." He grumbled as Wylan handed the paper to Kaz and then went to go nurse his boyfriends wounded pride. Kaz read the front page, glad that they hadn't got that good of a picture. "What the?" " What is it!" Inej grumbled, as she tried and failed to read over his shoulder.  "says here I'm the most eligible and young bachelor in Ketterdam." Both Jesper and Inej grumbled at this, Kaz rolled his eyes and continued. "And supposedly I'm stealing more than just wallets, but hearts as well. Those Skivs..." He growled and tossed the paper aside, gently curling back up so that she had her arms wrapped around his chest and her face buried against the flesh of his neck.

 "I mean, they are kind of right." Inej grumbled unhappily after a minute or two. "What do you mean?" He shot back, pulling away and raising a suspicious eyebrow. Inej scowled but replied all the same "Believe it or not, a lot of girls do fancy you. I heard them when I was at the menagerie." "how does that equal to me stealing hearts, I don't even flirt." "We know that." Jesper muttered and Inej threw a pillow at him for Kaz. "He flirts with me alone, you dork." Inej informed the sharpshooter. "In any case, I find he steals peoples hearts in maybe a way the press didn't mean to make it sound." Katz and Inej both looked intrigued now as to what Wylan had to say. " Well, we keep our most valuable things in our pockets. Money to buy things we need for others, pictures of family, cards to our favorite places. A wallet is sort of an ID to who you are, if Kaz steals a wallet he probably could tell more from it than I could but you get a good sense of who they are and what they love. You actually steal their hearts, their hearts possessions." Kaz grinned suddenly. "The only heart I stole was Inejs any other crimes I will not testify to." Kaz joked. "Wow Wylan, you really do have a lock picks mind." Inej commented and ignored Kaz's cheesy joke."I told you." Kaz muttered stubbornly, "I know, I know." Inej waved him off. "I do not!" Wylan tried to argue, Jesper sighed and pulled out a small pocket of coins. "Jes! pay up, I was right." Kaz said with a grin, "I'm getting to it!" the sharpshooter snapped back before kissing the string bound and palm sized sack and then tossing it over to the couple on the couch.

That's all for this one. I hope you guys enjoyed it, this is just a small but fluffy piece that I thought of a while ago. I just want to warn you guys, I am running out of space, so soon I will need you to come check out my other six of crows one shot book. Anyway, have a goodnight/day.

This is also for NightArrow, and though I haven't seen her around very often she has read all of these things, (which is crazy) pretty much commented on all of them, and then she gives me ideas and reads all my other stuff to. So I just wanted to thank her and the readers out there like her, because it is wonderful to be able to meet and chat with you. I hope we see you around more NightArrow and that you have the best days of your life this year until the next years when you have better days of your life. Sincerely, Night_ShadowedCat.