The time your heart stopped and you decided to try and stab me

Jk people, relax. I was merely kidding, it's all right here.  I was holding this for the couple days to get reactions. The answers and everything are below. Enjoy.

(Trigger warning: attempted suicide and self-harm)

Ring ring
Wylan's moaning roused Nina as the phone chimed throughout the room, her head was pounding like a party was going on inside her skull, or as if millions of prisoners were trying to beat their way out of their boney prison.
Ring! ring! ring!
The phone seemed to grow more impatient, Inej was cuddled into Nina's side. Jesper groaned, "somebody shut that damn thing off!" "Where's Kaz?" Inej yawned sleepily. Nina actually fell out of her chair, she felt like someone had slapped her across the face with all their might, this also caused Inej to steal her seat an laid across two chairs and slowly came to wake. "Hello!" Nina panted as she scrambled to the phone barely making it to the phone without  falling over in her haste. "You sound like your having a good time, Nina, but I am not." Nina's blood froze as Kaz's strangled rasp growled through the phone. Shit. "So listen here. I shouldn't be in this much pain right now, I should be in eternal sleep, I should have died. So you better as hell have a reason for why I'm not and also why you haven't bothered to pick up seven hours ago after 10 tries to get ahold of you, not to mention why if you wanted me alive so much that none of you assholes are even here!" Kaz hissed every word with such venom she could feel it seething underneath her skin and raising shame. "They kicked us out! We were so worried none of us slept until a few hours ago- they told us you could die easily from your wound!" "I WAS SUPPO-iissssssssss..." he cut himself off with a hiss of pain and then was interrupted by a bad coughing fit, Nina winced, she then heard a doctors faint voice scolding him. She had the others attention now.  "Supposed to." He hoarsely croaked angrily, she could hear him trying to gather his breath but only sounded like pained wheezing. "We're coming over, and don't be such an ass when we get there. You have Inej to thank that your alive and breathing so you better make a good excuse as to why you would do that..." Nina said quietly so she wouldn't be heard by the others.  "If you truly cared so much as you so claimed you would already know, now wouldn't you? I would and still will be better off dead." Nina opened her mouth for a witty response and none came. The line clicked and then died. "Who was that?" Wylan grimaced as he stood, his back cracking thickly. Inej sat up and from her eyes you could see she remembered it all. "He's alive... in a lot of pain but alive." Nina hoped they would put him on some sort of pain medication before they got there, perhaps get a heartrender to lower his heart rate and the pain neurons in his brain. Medicine was still small, Nina still felt strange using the phone since most places didn't have any but she was really grateful for both right now.

As they made the trek to the hospital before going in a coach instead, Nina couldn't. help but think of last night. How they all had hoped and dreaded the next day. But also how their moods changed, Jesper collapsed from his hopeful facade and his eyes showed doubt and worry, as they drank coffee until dawn she could still see his dark eyes all bitter as he muttered about how they could have been closer, how he could have visited Kaz after Inej gave him the message and the improved meaning. How sorrowful he had became, when is it truly okay to stop coming around visiting all together? She remembered how Inej didn't comment on anything just slouched in her chair until Nina gently wrapped an arm around her shivering shoulders and so Inej just leaned in slightly. Wylan hadn't been much better, only speaking when spoken to and he looked so miserable, Nina considered that they never really realized Kaz's importance, her heart clutched slightly as she looked amongst her broken friends and one thought dominated everything, what if he succeeded? What if he was dead right now and we only just realized how important he was.... and the only one to blame was us? She shuddered in horror and it was very close to reality was the scary part. The carriage jerked to a halt. "Ten Kruge.." gurgled the voice of the driver as the small letterbox window opened and a mittened hand reached inside. Nina scowled but gave the man the required amount. "Thank ya' kindly." He grunted, closing the window as they opened the door. Nina cast a glance back to see the poor man was bundled up tightly against the fall rain, it was freezing out and he had a teacher and a scarf covering his mouth and nose with it.