Nothing else...

Wanted to try out Nina... tell me what you guys think of it.
Major Character Death

Joyous. Sweet. Home. Happy. Successful. Reunion. Surprise. Confusion. Hope. Denial. Fear. Terror.

That's all Nina could think, one minute the sun was out and now it had vanished. "Why didn't you go to your parents! It was closer... you- Inej..." his rasp was broken, a dying sound as mournful as his words that made one want to be merciful and end his pain. Nina was numb and tears dashed down her cheeks. Hot. Angry. Curse them all.... they had to take the best lights... "they don't know me like you do Kaz- and I wanted to be with someone who understands.
All of it... I needed you." "Inej- I need you now.... with me, alive." He pleaded, his jaw tight with pain, anger, brokenness and loneliness, sadness. "Don't pity me, Kaz. I never did that to you... If I'm going to die I want to do it in your arms... my love." He growled, eyes looking around for help, for someone to heal her. His eyes caught Nina's and she shook her head, feeling her powers creeping in the nothingness of the living, death reaching forward tentatively, like it didn't want to disrespect. She spread her hand out to show he had about five minutes left with Inej. She had to look away as his eyes seemed to loose the only semblance of hope, of health... of will. He pulled her closer, tugging Inej to his chest. "I'm here, Wraith. I always will be..." "Kaz- take me back to Ravka... to the Suli camps... to my parents." He nodded, but barely and buried his face into her neck. Giving her soft kisses, desperate and yet so gentle. A begrudging acceptance and goodbye. She snuggled into him, carefully placing her hand in his hair, combing through it lightly. Whispering soothing words Nina knew wouldn't help him.

He paused, nuzzled her neck once before standing and that was when death took hold. Kaz was holding her in his arms, Nina watched as Kaz limped into the shadows with his Wraith for one last time. Nina looked over at her crew, who had their hats over their hearts. Then turned her mournful green eyes to Jesper's and Wylan's. They shared quick nods and followed Kaz after five minutes. Trailing after the steady curses in his rasp, all aimed ironically at Inej's Saints. Nina remembered wanting to curse Djel for several days but never getting the nerve to do so. She got where Kaz was coming from, especially since they were suppose to protect Inej until she was ready. They heard the swing of a door and found themselves at a old warehouse district, the one he and Inej camped out in after getting her away from Van Eck. "Kaz-" "don't. Please..." he spoke in only broken tones, as if he couldn't even manage his normal aggression. His fight, gone. Wylan simply nodded and walked towards her. Paying his respects, Jesper soon following and Nina watching Kaz sketch out a few letters. After he finished, he looked over at Inej. Nina walked forward and reached her hand forward for them. Kaz gave them to her with a shaky hand. "You spend time with her. I'm sorry..." "what am I suppose to say? It's okay? I'll make it through?.... Nina- she was all I had." Nina nodded and murmured. "It's alright if you aren't okay Kaz. None of us are." As she walked out the door and saw families, walking home from the university into nice homes, their happy smiles. The world kept turning... somebody was okay. But Inej was gone. The world should stop like Kaz's did. She gave the paper to the post and paid for them to take it as fast as they would go.

They kept with Kaz, he reminded Nina of a solider. Coming home from seeing too much, never to heal the wounds. She stayed on the ship watching Inej's mother run out, her father hot on the mother's heals. Her father had overtaken with quick steps and took Inej from Kaz's arms, stroking her hair and tears breaking free. She could see Kaz's own for the first time, not the strongest person could look at death with dry eyes. Her mother grabbed onto Kaz, hugging him close and thanking him for bringing her home to them. Inej's father, arms laden with Inej asked him to come inside with him. Inej's mother waved Nina to come too, and as she followed them. She realized that... Kaz was right. He had lost his brother, his parents.... he didn't have anyone else. He didn't even have a goal, his revenge taken. His life surrounded Inej... and now she was gone, and Kaz had- Nothing else.

Small sad chapter of saying goodbye to our lovely Wraith as tonight is my last night before I say goodbye to my summer freedom. Anyway.... updating will get- slower. I hope you guys enjoyed this... I cried. Anyway- I will see you guys at a later date. Have a nice night and don't forget to comment and vote. Bye now guys.