Pirates of the True Sea

This story is something of a crossover between six of crows and pirates of the Caribbean. So sorta spoilers for the pirates of the Caribbean (I'm only working off the first three movies.) anyways! Hope you enjoy.

The salty sea rolled under the boat playfully, it was a calm day and the Captain of the Wraith was not disappointed when she stepped into its deck.

Her first mate bickered fiercely with her second, and if Inej hadn't spotted them making out in the Crow's nest last night she would not believe them to be together and in love.

"Captain Ghafa! Please tell this land loving scurvy-dog that we won't be attacking and drowning a slave ship but enjoying today?" Nina Zenik, second in command, proposed the Zenik way. Her boyfriend, scowled.

"Inej?" Matthias, although not all that fond of the sea, was proud of the work they did, whether it was freeing his people from themselves or slaves, helping her out. She was reminded of another man who once was so honorable, in his own dark way, one she was deep in debt with, one whom must have cursed her name at night through sharp teeth... one she owed her life to, One that could say the same to her.

"You're both wrong. We're heading to a reef past here on the Kerch border. The slavers are traveling in huge packs now, I can only pick off the lone. I'm gonna get some help." The two crew mates shared a confused look. It was then that their musician, Wylan, spoke up.

"A reef? As in the Slat reef? Are the myths true?" Inej nodded.

"Yes, the Slat reef. As in the trap of the Thieving Crow. And it's captain is going to help us." Inej confirmed, Wylan's eyes bulged in shock and wonder.

"You know him??" Inej nodded soundlessly. The Captain of the Thieving Crow, the corpse ship, who might as well be death himself would always look different to Inej than any of the others. He wasn't a monster to her, but still a boy.

It took a long time to get to the reef, Inej rowed her, Nina, Matthias, and Wylan to the wreckage of a ship, leaving behind the Wraith several safe feet away. As soon as they were on board the splintered and watery boards, a man with green scales forming on his face and a brown hardened skin on his shoulders emerged from a wall with a terrible smile. Though it immediately changed to a friendlier one as he saw them. He came close to Wylan.

"Aww, this one is cute! Can we keep him?" The boy asked no one in particular, Wylan blushed and cowered closer to Nina simultaneously. Though he eye'd the tall boy who had spoken.

"Jesper. I need to speak with Kaz." Jesper pouted at Inej, shaking his head with a heavy sigh. He seemed nervous, and glanced about him before responding. He fiddled with his hands.

"I don't know, your pretty deep in debt and well- he's been in a foul mood lately..." Inej rolled her eyes and said in a amused tone.
"I think I can handle him."
"Inej..." for a brief second, Jesper looked truly desperate. His next words however, were interrupted.

"What do you need?" Kaz walked through a wall, his pale white skin glistening in the moonlight. A black dorsal fin broke through his jacket as it came from his back. He smiled at them, revealing three rows of jagged teeth angled outward that closed perfectly together, the thin skin of his lips scarred and his eyes were entirely black and unblinking. In a word- terrifying.

"My mission cannot be completed without some serious firepower. I need your help," Kaz scoffed, narrowing his eyes at her.

"What's in it for me?"

"A chance to redeem yourself Kaz... a chance to be better." Her words held a heavy weight only he could hear. He rose a brow and gave a vicious smile- with a low- humorless chuckle.