Reunited

Kaz lifted his head, eyes enraged as they studied the taller, broader figure in front of him. Tracing the similar face, the same dark hair, and dark brown eyes. "Kaz... I'm sorry." His voice was soft, but it had the same sharp rasp quality that made Kaz's voice so terrifying. "Sorry..." Kaz whisper-hissed back, an acid in his tone that made the figure wince, and takes a step back. "Sorry!" Kaz snarled louder, scoffing as he moved quickly with his rash anger powering him, his hand closed around the larger boys throat, putting his cane back, he pulled the similar boy to the floor of the alley. Inej watched shocked and horrified. "You think sorry changes anything! You really are a fool." Kaz laughed softly, in that dark manner he seemed to be possessed with, eyes seething but his voice was shaking, he tightened his grip on the other boy's neck to gather himself and his rage, and the trade-off for the slight warble. "Please..." the older boy wheezed, grabbing at Kaz's hand meekly, fingers tugging at unmovable leather.

"Why should I let you go?" Kaz hissed through his teeth, even as he moved away. The other didn't bother to move from the floor, his wide brown eyes tracing Kaz as he began to pace. "After all the sleep I lost! All the nights I fought for you, you left me! You broke your promise." Kaz practically growled the word through clenched teeth and glared through slanted eyes. "Do you think- I would have- if I could have controlled it?" He was gasping out, struggling onto his elbows to prop him up. "No. I'm not talking about you dying." Kaz hadn't stopped pacing, though he did wave away the idea dismissively, he looked like a tiger in a cage with black eyes and the click of his silver cane like a claw, Inej inches closer with worry. "You brought us into the street. You took the damn deal, you lead us to our deaths!" Kaz's gloved hand tightened on his cane, he whirled so he was facing the boy. "I just came back to life! Are you just going to chew me out now? Have you missed me at all? Have you completely lost yourself?" "DO YOU THINK I HAD ANY OTHER CHOICE? I was 9, Jordie. How else would I survive but lose myself?" Kaz sounded pained, his voice tight as his posture. He limped forward with a dark snarl at the broken look on Jordie's face. He pulled away as best he could, but it wasn't enough, Kaz was pushing his cane into his chest two steps later.

"I hope you die again! I wish you'd go back to that alley, catch the same disease and drown yourself in an ocean. My brother is dead. Your the same damn ghost that hasn't left me." Kaz felt a pull on his arm, enough to move his cane from its slowly suffocating position on his brother's chest, and towards her a couple steps. "Kaz. Stop. Let him talk." She pleaded, her arm still on his jacket sleeve. "Listen to her, to me... please, Kaz-" Jordie stumbled out. "No." Kaz grated out as he glared at Inej, "you don't know him." "I know he means you no harm." Kaz showed his teeth and a hiss escape him. "He's caused plenty without mean." Then he looked over at his brother, a considering expression soothing his features for a minute. Hope crawled in the empty pit of Jordie's stomach, then his features were wiped of all emotions.

"You came here, seeking me. Go to fifth harbor. It's where your dead body dragged me after we left the boat where they burned bodies. That's my grave, I'm not your little brother. Maybe while your there, you can return to your rightful place. A dead body in the waves and a ghost in the breeze." He shrugged off Inej, limping heavily out of the alley. She sighed watching Kaz vanish before looking down at Jordie, dressed simply, look staggered and rubbing his throat where red marks were left from Kaz's anger. "Who are you?" He wheezed out, his voice shocked and scared, but so sad. Inej frowned, holding out her hand, "names Inej. I'm close to Kaz." He nodded, taking her hand and pushing himself up with a weary smile, much like Kaz he towered over her, maybe even a little more. Inej really hoped Kaz wouldn't get that tall, that he had finished growing. "Is he always like that?" He tried to joke meekly, with a small grin, he was obviously hurt and crestfallen. Inej offered the grin he was looking for "pretty much. He's a lot colder in the outside than the inside. He doesn't mean it, he's just upset, it's when he lashes out the most." He chuckled, the voice broke in a softer rasp. "Sounds like you know him better than I do..." His voice cracked at the end and he cleared his throat to fix it.