The Fine arts and crafts of theiving

The smell of popcorn and fudge filled the sun soaked air, Kaz looked upon the crowds with disgust. On the beachside, was a fine arts and crafts show. The music blared so all the tents could hear. He watched as bodies pressed close together in the crowds and obnoxious dogs barked and tried to escape from their owners grasp. He wondered once again how he had even been cornered into going.

He watched as the rest of his crew appeared from different cars. They were the loudest there, Trassel howling and pulling harshly on Matthias's leashed arm, as if trying to rip it out of its socket. Inej appeared beside Kaz, watching them come over. "This is going to be miserable." Kaz growled to her. "It won't, quit being dramatic." Inej said, smiling at the chaos. "Its a lot like Ketterdam streets." Inej said, tilting her head. Kaz scowled. "It's hot, people are in an ungodly amount of undress.. sweating, their dogs are hardly controlled and there are at least five kids crying and screaming over there. This is nothing like Ketterdam." Kaz growled, Inej rolled her eyes. "You mean these people actually look happy and are enjoying themselves?" Inej said with a snicker, pushing against his shoulder. "Come on, let's go." He rolled his eyes but let Inej drag him out of his shadowy corner.

"If it isn't the Wraith and Mr. I am the night." Jesper said teasingly, Kaz bit back a bitter reply at the look Inej sent him. He just huffed, turning his head to the crowds as he watched a corgi try and keep with its owner in the stumps of legs they have. The one good things about this all, nobody was paying attention... this place was small and kind, people didn't have much crime here, they didn't know what to look out for, so the stealing would be far too easy. He wasn't interested in any of the 'crafts' people made, but the money people brought did interest him. Inej narrowed her eyes. "Don't you dare." "I wasn't going to do anything." Kaz said back, without looking down at her but they both knew it was a lie. "Ooh! Look at that!" Nina cried, pointing at some jewelry tent, dragging Matthias one way while Trassel wanted to go another.

Jesper and Wylan followed Nina, Inej following them and Kaz reluctantly moving in the same direction, the sunlight pouring down in vast sheets of gold. "Good day.." said the tent owner with a smile, Kaz ignored her, staying at the edge seeing as he had no interest in any of this. Kaz pulled out a cigarette, he had a small habit of using them to calm himself when he was in too large of crowds or was in too deep of stress. Inej caught sight of it and took it before he could find his lighter. He rolled his eyes, she always did this. He didn't even have that many of them, once a month or often times far less. He pulled away, walking through the place, it was high priced.

Kaz decided it would be easier to steal from cash registers than people, though he pick pocketed people along the way to the register, most greeted him or ignored him and had no clue just how dangerous he was. Kaz had several hundred dollar bills that had not originally been his tucked into his wallet. Inej found him, and walked with him back to the group, Matthias having bags in his arms. Kaz sighed, any jewelry here was normally pretty ugly, everything was overpriced, so they didn't stay long. Though Jesper and Nina made them stop and look around at every single tent. Kaz's leg was a duller ache yet it complained loudly anyway.

When they did agree to leave, Kaz was richer than any of those crazy people. Those who bought things and those who sold it.

I went to a fine arts and crafts show. This story isn't much, sorry bout that you guys. I hope you enjoyed...