Stolen stories

Part 2 of 'The book thief.' (as requested by @jmack0125, thanks so much!)

And so all of you know, please don't feel bad requesting, or requesting repeatedly. The best way for me to see your request is to private message me or put them on my request pages.

I also want to make a little side note here, as we creep up on the 200th chapter, I'll have you know that the requests given will be sent to the second one-shot book when this one is completed. Requests are always accepted because my own ideas can be repetitive and I love the challenge of writing from a new angle that I didn't see before.

Inej's door didn't have a lock on it, Inej simply didn't believe in locking the door. It was not the Suli way to shut people out of rooms, they would simply ask before entering. Kaz had once pointed out the fatal flaw in that, "Not everyone's Suli, Inej."
He had said it in his usual, damn-near scolding voice, slight amusement hidden in his eyes, laughing at her.

"Not everyone is a malicious thief either, Kaz Brekker." She threw back, putting some ice into her tone, but he l knew she was teasing.
He would huff, but let Inej have her way after a short stare down, and Inej would nurse his pride with a couple of kisses, then the topic was forgotten.

Well, Inej suddenly felt the overwhelming 'told you so' of the world when Nina Zenik walked in on her and Kaz that Sunday morning.

To be fair, they hadn't been doing anything scandalous, but... they were kissing, which was pretty damning evidence. And it was probably not the way she planned Nina finding out about her secret boyfriend.

THAT VERY MORNING

Inej woke up wrapped in Kaz's arms. She leaned back against him, soaking in the warmth of his presence. She heard the rustle of sheets and his soft sleepy sigh, and then a quiet snore.
Inej grinned and tried not to shift too quickly as she almost jumped out of her skin in excitement. She loved to watch Kaz wake up, and loved seeing his profile asleep.

Because Kaz was handsome, gentle, and loving when awake. But he was adorable in his sleep, the way that he'd mumble things he might have been too nervous to say aloud. She couldn't recall how many half-asleep 'I love you's' came before his wide-awake one.
Enough for Inej to say "I know, you told me before, and I love you too."
Now, Inej practically melted as she turned and saw the sunlight streaming across his face, his eyelashes a dark black against his pale skin, the faint and crooked sleepy smile on his face, the dimple that appeared.

Oh, she would never tire of that smile. She couldn't help herself, Inej gently reached over and let her fingers graze his cheek, softly as she could moving along his jaw.
His eyes opened half-way and he looked at her from under his eyelashes, before shutting them again with a strangled sigh, already falling back into heavy breathing. Inej had to suppress a laugh because no one would guess that the most uptight, stressed, and keenly aware individual would be such a heavy sleeper. But yet here he was, always surprising her.

He was laying on his back now, and his eyes were still shut, Inej touched her hand along his arm. "Hey, sleepy."
"Nej?"
Inej answered him with a gentle kiss to his exposed throat, he sucked in a breath. "Mmmm... what time is it?"
"Doesn't matter much, it's a Sunday."
Kaz slowly opened his eyes and looked at Inej, and she lost her breath for a moment just seeing Kaz. He smiled handsomely and pulled her closer.
"You're gorgeous in this sunlight." He says, with the cutest little evil smile.

"I didn't take you for a flirt, Kaz Brekker." He furrowed his eyebrows and sat up, pulling Inej into his chest.
"hmm, I'm not."
"Then what would you call it?" Kaz only kissed her shoulder very gently, leaned back and watched her face. Inej couldn't help but watch him back, loving that he was here with her. That they had this time together. She always wanted to wake up near him.
"The truth, my darling Inej, Treasure of my heart. Flirting is... it's a pretty lie, a distraction to get something. I don't want to flirt with you, Inej."
"No?" He shook his head, and Inej fought off a smile as she leaned her forehead against his.
"Then what do you want?"
"A gang of my own, enough gold to build a throne and crown, an iron fist to rule it with." Inej scoffed, leaning away from him. But Kaz's arms were not relenting, not yet. He held her to him, if she really wanted, she could leave him. But she was curious.

"and You, Inej."
"What was that?"
"I want you, as my queen, my equal, my love. Treasure of my heart, wicked, and dangerous Wraith."
"Hmm... weren't you saying you weren't a flirt?"
"Nej..."
"Am I truly not first in your heart?"

Kaz scowled. "You haven't been paying attention Inej. Everything else I can live without, but you..." he lost his words for a minute, just watched her with a tender, lost expression of love. He leaned forward and gently pecked her lips.
"I'm not a flirt, but I am a tease. You should know, you are the only thing in my heart."
"I just like hearing you say it." Inej rewarded him with a soft kiss, running her fingers through his dark hair. He laughs softly, and Inej leaned back, gently rubbing her hands along his shoulders.

"What?"
"I love you, Inej."
"I love you too, Kaz." He gently took her hand in his. "I just wish you had a less perilous job."
"I can handle myself."
"If you couldn't I would have forced you out of it a long time ago." he nods and gently pressed a kiss to her lips. Inej leaned back in for the second kiss, and then they found themselves pulling away from each other less and less, slowly relaxing against one another. They didn't hear Nina's call. They were pre-occupied. Too wrapped up in the feel of one another, the way Inej's mouth dragged against Kaz's and how his fingers pulled lightly through her hair, cradling the back or her head as Inej leaned fully into Kaz.

They broke apart with heavy breaths. Eyes locked onto each other with an unknown intensity and tenderness, a true intimacy.
"You okay?" Kaz whispered as he kissed her cheek, Inej groaned.
"Kaz...I've never been better." She pressed her lips to his temple, then locked her lips with his own, their breathy laughs mingling as they tentatively, slowly moved together.

"UMMMM, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU."
"Ni... Nina." Inej gasped, pulling away from Kaz, staring at her friend with shock.
"What are you doing here?"
"I COULD ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION!" Nina blurted, waving frantically at the rumpled Kaz that Inej had yet to get off of. He seemed relatively calm, if not for the tips of his ears burning red.
"Hmm... I was just leaving." Kaz started, reaching around Inej for his cane.
"HECK NO! YOU BOTH ARE--"
"Nina, we're inside. Inside voice."
"NO INEJ,"
"Please, calm down," Kaz mutters in a low voice, his dark eyes narrowing on Nina. She pacifies slightly, taking a deep breath.

"I demand an explanation right now."
"Nina, meet my boyfriend."
"I really appreciated all those blind dates you set up," he drawled slowly in a passive-aggressive voice, dark eyes shimmering with restrained violence. Inej elbowed him and Kaz looked at her with an innocent expression, whispering "what?"
"I didn't know you had a boyfriend."
"Ok, well I was going to tell you eventually."
"Which is a shame, ruins the whole pizazz of being a secret boyfriend."
"Again, who are you?" Nina huffs, and Kaz smiled winningly.
"My name is Kaz Brekker, I'm the Bastard of the Barrel."
"Dirtyhands." Nina breathed, taking a step back.
"Seriously, Kaz? Every time. Just let me have one normal introduction, that's all I'm asking."

"Inej! Did you stand up all those blind dates for Dirtyhands? The Dreg King?"
"You don't know him as I do."
"I assure you, Nina was it? Inej has every available opportunity to leave me."
"I don't want to." It was Inej this time who said it, softly. Kaz smiled quietly, burying his face into Inej's neck and pressing a gentle kiss there that warmed her skin.

"Alright, fine. On this one condition. I get to learn who you are and if you are worthy of my best friend's heart."
"You will find me inadequate, as everyone would be. No one could possibly deserve Inej."
"... Alright, Inej. You may have a point." Inej laughed softly, pressing an open-mouthed kiss to Kaz's jaw.
"Come on you two, I'll make us some coffee."
"How long have you two been together." Nina prodded, Kaz smirked and responded dryly.
"I don't think you want to know."

Nina stopped where she was on the steps as the other two kept walking, Kaz's hand lightly catching inej's and intertwining their fingers. He lifted their hands to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to the back of her hand. When they reached the bottom of the stairs they could hear Nina yell at the top of her lungs "INEJ!!"

Well, that's all folks! I hope you all enjoyed and have a great rest of your night/day and I'll hear from you soon.

Stay safe, live long, and Comment!