Roadtrip AU (if they dont kill eachother first)

Some of these ideas I found on tumblr, mostly original work however.

On the road again played through the dusty van on their way, most of the crows were asleep, with Kaz the only one up and driving, he turned the radio off and knew Inej was going to kill him for not telling her about this part of the plan, but oh well.
But first let's go back to the start. 3 years after CK, Matt didn't die.

Inej knocked on Kaz's door, they were in the slat, (modern day apartment building in the barrel, a industrial city that had a deadly night life. Jobs remain the same except they also rob banks and stuff when needed, but they kind of rich now so.. plus Kaz is everything he was before but also a major hacker! Plays guitar, piano and can sing. )on the penthouse level. Inej had a room across the way from his, the door opened with a click, Inej waltzed in as if she owned the place. "You ready." Kaz nodded, he looked tired, but Inej wasn't going to say anything.

She smiled at him, turning and going to fetch her own things, meeting Kaz in the elevator. "Are we taking your car?" Kaz arched an eyebrow at Inej's question. Kaz's car was a sleek black car, with leather seats that had heat warmers in it along with cooling ones if it was in the summer. The seats were cushy and it had all the buttons and whistles, but Kaz hardly let anyone in it, and nobody but him could drive it.

"Nope." He stated, too much satisfaction in his voice. "Were taking Matthias vehicle." Inej scowled. "Hey, its better than Ninas." Kaz pointed out. Nina's car was small, rusty and you had to do this fancy flourish to open the door, otherwise it wouldn't open. But Matthias normally just ripped the stubborn door open. Matthias drove a hardy van. It had velvety cloth seats, blankets and pillows and was carpeted. It was an Frost blue with curtains on the windows.

They walked into the cold outside, the searing daylight slicing at their eyes, Kaz and Inej stood next to each other, shoulder to shoulder, well... almost shoulder to shoulder seeing how Inej was ummm... vertically challenged.

They walked over to the idling car, they could hear their friends fighting from the inside of the car, Kaz yanked open the trunk after picking the lock, startling all 4 friends inside. Kaz sighed shaking his head in disappointment. "How on earth did you guys ever survive the barrel?" He muttered as he tossed his bag in the trunk, Inej following his example. "Well, Matthias survived a prison, Jesper wasn't on the barrel more than an hour or two before you picked him up, same with Nina and then there's the fact that Wylan was working and never actually in the barrel. And I survived my own hell before you got to me. So really, your the only paranoid crow here who survived the barrel." Inej said easily as she slid into the cars back seat, Kaz moved to the empty one beside her. "Which you still won't share about!" Inej complained, Kaz rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Are you two lovebirds done so we can leave?" Asked Jesper who was driving, Kaz seemed to narrow his eyes "who let Jesper drive?" Kaz asked, remembering many times they had Jesper as the get away driver when the police where involved or other disastrous problems( we all know he just wants a subject change from him and Inej). "Me." Nina said from the co-pilot. Kaz turned to Wylan and Matthias, "do you two have a death wish or something?" Kaz grumbled, Mathias shrugged and replied "Something like that." Wylan waved it away dismissively, he had been spending too much time with Jesper. "Relax Kaz, what could go wrong." Kaz didn't get to answer because Inej noticed the way his jaw clenched and eyes turn colder and darker, she knew he would say some rather harsh things so spoke for him to avoid a backseat war.

"First of all, we will all be forced to listen to country an pop music seeing how Jesper and Nina are in the front. They will keep the car too warm," she gave a pointed look to Matthias and Kaz, who had come accustom to cold weather and were heaters due to it. "and sing as loudly as possible. Not to mention opening random windows to make sure we're still there. And Jesper swerves if there is a piece of paper in his way. Not to mention he slows down at the very last moment for a stop sign." Inej stated, before sending the two drivers an apologetic look. " it's true and you guys know it. Plus we might get lost a few times and probably eat at a Waffle House every day." Inej added as an afterthought. Kaz scowled at Inej, but said nothing. He turned his head to the window and pulled his phone out, scrolling through contact information.