When a crow calls...

(Trigger warning: depictions of blood and violence)

When a crow calls things listen. Darkness howls back. Madness screeches back and controlled chaos calls them together. Tonight was no different as the Dregs made more territory and Kaz stopped caring about his life and safety. It had been a while, but the vivid images behind his eyelids reminded him daily.

Another. Another. Another.

The words echoed in his skull, doubling in meaning. He stopped caring about the blood and where it got. He stood in an alley washed in blood, it coated the bottom of his coat and half his cane, it was splattered in traces across his face like war paint and the tips of his wild hair dripping with it. "Kaz. Wholly hell..." Jesper asked as Kaz turned, his now normal crazed catlike smile splayed across his lips, white pearly teeth dotted with human blood. He rose his hands, crows cawin loudly and swirling, feathers raining down. "Hello Jesper." He purred, eyes glistening madly. Jes shook slightly, tightening his grip on Wylan. "You came to speak to me?" His voice rolled like lightning, slithering through his teeth that outlined his sharp canines in a dangerous smile.

"Kaz. You look horrible." Nina said, a newly raised from the dead, now living, Matthias grunted. Kaz smiled tilting his head one way. "Hmm... sickness travels quickly. Blood shed and death... it moves like a fire through the veins. I know this isn't a friendly greeting. So If your going to try and catch me, your going to have to act fast." And like that he was swallowed into the darkness like a wave had dragged him from the surface down and vanished. Jesper pulled out his revolvers, cursing loudly. "Kaz, we want to help!" Wylan tried, loud cackling rumbled over the alleys, the crows cawing similarly.

"Help me?? HELP ME! I am perfectly healthy. I'm BETTER now. My vision cleared, I understand things you don't." He appeared behind them, crows cheering. "The blood and the death. The blood and the death." His eyes were no longer black, they were topaz, the colors of a burning flame, glowing outwardly. "Look about. Do you not see? Souls being released from pathetic. Tragedy." He raised a black gloved hand stained red on the palm and knuckles at the massacre in front of them that was once the Razorgulls very best. The wind whisked through the alley, darkness mixing with in it, washing over Kaz who's smile grew and a small chuckle erupted from his chest.

"You really don't know? Do you?" He cocked his head one way, the crows around him doing the same. The wind blew through his wild hair and ruffled the white fur on his coat, which had only remained pristine white, like his smile. His dark clothes trimmed with a black vest and a white shirt, a red tie and handkerchief in the pocket, golden buttons of his trench coat twinkling, as if winking and laughing at them.

"Know what?" Matthias asked. "You care.. so deeply. It's amusing. You think this is the devil who you know lives inside me, but I'm the one controlling. Do you really want to meet him?" Kaz chuckled and his voice doubled over into a darker tone at the end, his rasp whispering away into a smooth and sickeningly sweet, silky voice none of them had ever heard. "Demjin." Matthias growled, a smile shined through that was small, a bare flicker. "He agreed willingly. The mortal knows blood, and pain. Knows greed and fame, a perfect candidate, he has refused me for years... because of that girl. His Wraith and saint. But since she left, left him alone he accepted me, and we are together now. He is mine." Nina's crossbow bolt shot right at Kaz who vanished into blackness at the last second.

"YOu WaNT a fiGHt?! I'lL ShOW YOU A GOOD ONE." His voice did not scream like the wind to be heard, it echoed from every corner, every crow circling, it washed them like a waved, edging them they way he wanted them to go, it was darkness and defiance, and they were drowning in it. Then Kaz appeared in the middle, his knife dragging gracefully along Matthias arm. The big man yelped, turning as he aimed a blow for Kaz's chest he backed away easily, slamming his cane into Nina's knee, then slamming it into her elbow, the tip catching the crossbow, he threw the contraption into Jesper, knocking him aside. "You dare try to save me? I will show you saving." Kaz grabbed onto Wylan's jaw, hoisting him off his feet, Wylan gasped and his iris grew till his pupil was a pinpoint. His eyes got lighter, becoming a wraith like ice blue.