Behind the lies

You guys are suppose to help me stop writing these new ones and get the old ones done!!!
Inej walked to Nina's hotel, sighing as she made her way onto the rooftops. She was kicking herself for what happened at the restaurant with Jakob. She didn't mean it to happen, she sure didn't want it to happen, but went along with it when it did. She had not only allowed him to kiss her, but started to kiss him back before remembering who he was, (who he wasn't 😜), and stepping back. She was glad the place was practically deserted then. A few people here and there, getting a coffee to go or something such as that.

Inej found her way back to Nina's, sliding through the window she had left unbolted. "Ah! I mean- Inej!" Nina cried, surprised as usual by Inej's sudden appearance. This let warmth spread through her chest, it felt good to be reminded she was the Wraith, dangerous and undetectable. "How'd the date go?" And... the feeling was gone. "Well enough." Inej grumbled, sitting down on Nina's puffy sofa. "Do tell!" 'I'd rather not' Inej thought, but told Nina about dinner and how he really was a nice guy, and then about the kiss. "Oh. Well how was it?" Inej glared at her. "Awful! I'm not suppose to be kissing some guy that you want to date!" Inej spoke sharply, as if defending herself. "You act like you don't like him." Nina said with a pout.

"I like him for you, not for me." Inej told her curtly. "Then who is for you?" Nina inquired, Inej looked away. She was simply afraid to respond to that. But one word struck out her mind, the person who had always known, and showed her a way to freedom and then went further to give her, her own family back and even a spot to return to her friends and him. Who helped her get to chasing her dreams. Kaz. But she wouldn't say his name aloud. It was not her place and Nina wouldn't understand, at least Inej didn't think she would. "My parents are expecting me back. I'll see you around Nina!" Inej waved and climbed out the window and onto the streets below.

Her parents didn't actually need her, however, Inej felt that if she said 'I'm going to go check up on the slat' Nina wouldn't be too convinced. Inej's parents were waiting to get on the ship and head to Ravka, but Inej didn't want to make that call just yet. She climbed through the second story window, knowing the bend of the wood and where it was most tender and easy to break. She climbed through the window, closing it as she entered the shadowy gloom.

He seemed like his usual self, busy and tense. Inej talked with him a little before heading home. She gave a soft sigh of relief, already starting to forget the days rather random kiss. She decided on two more weeks till she would leave for her ship. The first was eventful with alley chasing and such, but she noticed Kaz stopped relying on her so much and started asking Wylan for help instead. Inej figured he was just trying to get use to the idea of her leaving.

Tonight was a Saturday night that was calm and peaceful, her parents were having fun at a party Wylan and Jesper had thrown. Nina had shown up as well, with no date because she had still yet decide. Inej stayed for a while but missed a certain annoyed and moody presence, so she said she'd be back and made her way over to the slat, and then into the new office where Kaz was suppose to be but wasn't, Inej went up the stairs to find Kaz in his old quarters, he had moved some of Haskell furniture up there and even carpeted the floors.

"Hello Kaz." She spoke with a smile, she couldn't help the way she felt for Kaz. After the weeks went by the simple hand touches and kind acts meant the world to her. It was obvious he was trying, so she stayed for him. "Inej." His rasp was usual but the weight of his words wasn't, normally it would be Wraith, or he would tell Inej something when using her name, but never as a greeting, also the way he spoke it almost made it seem a challenge, she felt his dark gaze, testing her and watching her movements like he did his opponents. She got why it was unnerving.