Some days we change

Anger has always been a wild card. It could fling in anyone's favor, it was uncoordinated and unreliable. It struck out or quietly fumed. Anger was a tool many could use, but didn't often. Anything could happen with anger. It was like a wild dog. Unpredictable. And it could change even the best of us, it could destroy the sweetest soul and corrupt an innocent mind. It could drag you down below the waves, and you would never get up again. It was powerful, it was dangerous and it never stopped.

Major character death

The crow couples were all complex and intertwined, but no love is perfect. Sometimes just being near someone for too long, it could hurt. This happened once a month, for only a day and would barely last an hour. The couples would turn on themselves. Wesper was the calmest of these fights, usually stopping with a joke or an apology, they were snapped out of the red vision argument. They would find Mathina and try and break those too apart, mainly just needing to pull the to apart.

Kanej usually solve it themselves, if the other couples saw a fight it was mainly just a harsh angered words, but slowly, they would stop and clam themselves. No words were taken to heart, it was as if, a harmless curse had placed upon them and it was just life now. Usually they became more close and loving afterward, holding the other close and reassuring the other in their love.

This day however was different. Kaz and Inej were the second to get into an argument, but it was like the red that covered their eyes grew thicker and became a haze that surrounded them. Anger boiled, surroundings lost, it was the first time it ever happened. Inej lashed out at Kaz. It was a good blow, with enough force to make Kaz stumble back. But they were arguing on the balcony, Kaz was never good at falling per say.

The sickening crack of wood and bone shattering echoed along the house, followed by stilling silence, as if the first noise had never sounded. It snapped Matthias and Nina out of their bad moods and fist fight, and Jesper from arguing with Wylan. The silence stretched like a rubber band, flexing till you could see the strain.

What they found at the scene was dark, scary and tragic. Inej looked crippled on the inside, in her lap was Kaz, completely limp and unmoving, their was splintered wood coated with blood, and Kaz looked like he was peacefully sleeping, but you would have to be a fool to believe that fantasy.

He was dead, in his fall his head hit the stairwell handle, the force of gravity momentum killing him instantly. Inej had guilt, horror and pain overflowing in her eyes, she clutched his body close as if she may bring him back by simply holding him and denying it all happened.

But some days we change, we can never be the same, even accidents happen. But was meant or not meant, it happened. He was dead.

I am going to put this out here. This is not my best chapter, it's in my opinion one of my worst pieces. I just needed to get this idea out of my head. Sorry you guys.