Book thief (20 K reader reward chapter)

Sup guys! So thank you so much the 20K reads on THIS STORY ALONE!!! What?!? So I want to offer you this really fluffy piece as a sign of my gratitude for all that you guys have done for me! The comments and votes and I hope I can get to know more of you better. So here is my special release for reaching 20 K thank you all once again for making my life brilliant with all your support!

Inej woke wrapped in warm pale arms. She cuddled closer to him and sighed in relief. She smiled as she remembered catching the thief himself. "When'd you come in?" Inej muttered sleepily. He hummed and nuzzled his face into her soft caramel neck. "Hmmm.... sometime last night." Inej grinned "that so?" She replied while twisting so she could slip her hand into his feathery hair and lay her head on his, smiling.

Of all the things that Dirtyhands had stole, nothing bothered Inej more than his stealing of books. Inej worked at her own bookstore, a magnificent place that was constantly getting new books, Inej had barely noticed when the books she wanted started to disappear. Then she did notice, it wasn't always the same genre and as soon as the rumors spread about a pale white skinned and brown-black haired 17 year old kid who was an amazing fighter and thief who only wore black gloves, Inej knew this was her own book stealer, as she saw him often around but never in the store itself. Near the bakery, talking with some far older gentlemen on the street corner. She had to say, at first sight she had a crush on him. Inej wasn't the kind of girl to fall at first sight, but she smiled whenever his eyes caught hers, wondering how yesterday they were a orange-brown mix with gold swirls to the now being as black as an abyss. And every time she smiled at him, his lip quirked upward just slightly, occasionally he would give a sudden grin of perfect white teeth as if he could read her mind, and teased her to figure it out.           

Inej often times scolded herself for thinking this. How could she know what went on in that boy's head? She didn't know him. But every time he caught her glance, the thought that he was pulling her along with wisps and splashes of mystery, like dark tendrils of silk gently being lead so the faintest brush of the material across her wrist made her heart jump. Every time, they shared a look as ordinary as it would be, Inej felt like they gave little secrets to each others subconscious, that he knew her. But- this meant nothing if he kept stealing her profits and lovely books.

"What are you thinking?" He whispered against her skin, breaking her train of thought. "I don't know what you mean- I was sleeping." Inej corrected him, he scoffed. "Yeah right. I can tell the difference in your silences... what was it about?" He tried again, prodding her playfully. "Nothing, go back to sleep." He huffed, but did as asked. "Curious book bandit..." Inej grumbled, wrapping an arm loosely around his shoulders. He kissed her neck, causing her cheeks to flame with red embarrassment. "Kaz stop!" She hissed, tightening her grip on him. "But why?" He teased continuing to search for her weak spot. Inej started squirming until he stopped so not to hurt her or make her uncomfortable. "Thank you." "You never explained why!" He persisted, scowling at her but how gentle his eyes were made it appear more like he was pouting subtlety. Inej giggled quietly and nipped his ear as she sat up, "maybe because I just like it when you get all sulky. You remind me of a kitten who got its favorite toy taken away." Kaz's mouth opened and horror shot through his eyes causing Inej to collapse into giggles underneath him. "How dare you!" He playfully growled, sneaking his hands to her sides and moving them like spiders across her flesh as he pushed her sleeping shirt up some. Inej yelped out, her laughs becoming more hysterical and frantic as he tickled her relentlessly. "Kaz!" He didn't stop until Inej was starting to turn red, she gasped for air as he collected her into his arms and snuggled with her. "Your lucky I like you." "You don't love me?" "After that? You lowered my affection." "What!?" Inej snickered and cuddled against him. "I'll let you win me back if you try, but that's in two hours when I have to get up." He huffed but agreed and let Inej rest her head on his chest.