24

The police drop me off in front of the hospital that my father had been sent to and Taehyung also followed me by my side. He said he'd be willing to accompany me to visit my father. I went inside the big hospital and to the receptionist desk.

"How can I help you?" The woman at the desk asked politely.

"I'm here for my father, Kim Sung Man. Can I know where he's in now?"

"Oh, it's you, we were contacting you for quite a long time just a moment ago" The woman stood up from her seat to show her respect.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Taehyung and looked at her again, "Why?"

"We need permission to undergo some kind of emergency surgery-" The woman had been cut off when she saw a doctor rushing by us. "Dr. Sung! Here's the Mr. Kim Sungman's family"

The doctor looked like he's in his 40's looked really worried from the moment I saw him.

"Oh, thank goodness. I was about to call you. Your father needs you by his side now" The doctor said.

"T-Then okay" I followed the doctor to an emergency room where my dad is situated at. As soon as we reached the room, the doctor gestured for me to go in first. Right, when I saw my dad, I was at the end of my tears but I tried to look strong for him. He looked awful. Half of his face was burned and I could see his left hand which was rested beside him were burned too and was black in color. I covered my mouth as I sobbed lowly as I approached him and kneel by his side.

Tears brimmed at his eye sockets, meaning he wanted to cry too but as usual, he wanted to stay strong for his dear little girl. "What happened?" I managed to let out the words but came out as a low whisper. "Who did this to you?" I said in my tears. I sobbed again and tears came down from my eyes.

"Don't be sad. If you're sad, I'll be sad too" My father said, forming a wry smile when he can't really do it despite his burned face. I wiped my tears quickly and nodded furiously. "Look, I know you're special since the beginning I got you. All of your personal cases are at me. You came back alive honey! You came back from the dead. It's a lie if you say that I wasn't scared. But I took you in, in the end, because you were a foster and everyone thinks you're dead before this happened. I know because the victims were always appeared in my dreams to give me clues to help you. I know it's a risk but I don't want to fail you like how I failed my last dead daughter"

My father nodded to the doctor that was in the room as if saying that he wants everyone to leave us alone for a moment.

"I've hired some professionals men to help me in Mr. Rose case and I'm almost finished. I don't think I could live longer. So in our house, in our secret room, there's a safe in there where your files and Mr. Rose's file are. Take them and, sorry if I sound selfish but, please solve it, for me and for you. The password is.." He was gaping for some breath and that made me cried again, "01042001... I love you" He was about to lift his burned hand to hold me but I quickly grabbed his hand and put it by my face.

"Please don't go.." I hold back my tears and looked strong for him so that he wouldn't go away. Slowly he closed his mouth and his eyes, then I felt his heart stopped beating. I looked at him, still holding his hand and..he's gone. "No!!" I shouted. "No no no no no" I got up and shook him to wake him up despite his awful condition. 

Doctors came rushing in with nurses by their side. The doctor started giving instructions to the nurses as I still gripping onto him. I could feel some hands that were holding me to pull me away from my dad.

"You can't go! If you do, then who's going to cook for me?? Then who's going to wake me up for school?" Then who's going to make stupid jokes to make me laugh??" I cried harder now as I became farther from him and the nurses crowd around him to be in his aid.