Epilogue

I was breathing heavily. My hands were trembling from so much frustration I was feeling. It's been days. Gone was the numbness. I am feeling all the pain and it's fucking killing me from the inside.

I took the bow and aimed it. I was looking at the target and my father's face suddenly showed. He was looking at me with nothing but hate in his eyes. Like I meant nothing to him. I gritted my teeth.

I released the bow and it hit the center. I wasn't satisfied. My heart was clenching. It's so hard to breathe. I took another one. Sunud-sunod ang ginawa kong pagpana hanggang sa mapasigaw na lamang ako.

Archery became my escape from all the pain all these years. It helped me release all the anger I was feeling and made me divert my attention to something else. The discipline of this sport helped me to cope up with everything that I experienced since childhood. It was my therapy. My cure.

But it wasn't enough now.

"Damn you!" I screamed as I released the last bow.

Visions of my father with another woman flooded my mind. Then it was suddenly Empress and a man she chose over me.

Fuck!

I was catching my breath after. I looked at the target board. It was broken.

I closed my eyes tightly and the image of Empress quickly flashed on my mind. I raked my hair in frustration.

Fuck it, Eos! Get yourself together!

I don't want to dwell in this misery for a long time. But I already drowned. I fell. And like every fall, it hurts.

"Hijo?" I turned my head to the opened glass door. Mamá was standing there with a gentle smile on her lips. "Why are you still awake?"

It was too late to hide the bottle of whisky I was devouring. I tilted the glass I was holding for her to see. She sat on the chair beside me.

"Just needed some to sleep, Mamá." Ibinaba ko iyon sa glass table.

"Is there a problem?" She asked. I chuckled.

"I just really want to have a good sleep, Mamá." She rolled her eyes on me. I chuckled even more.

"I'm your mother. I know you very well, hijo." She said. "You're like your father. You drink when you're troubled."

"Mamá." I said dismissively. She heaved a sigh.

"Lo siento." She took my hand and squeezed it. I nodded.

She knows very well that I loathe that man. I am just controlling myself because of her and Yuri. Dahil kahit na gaanong ka-walang kwenta ng lalaking iyon ay ama ko pa rin siya. My mother still loves him. Yuri loves him. Huwag lang siyang magkamaling gawin kay Yuri ang ginawa niya sa'kin.

Hell will break loose.

We sat in silence. I faced my mother and I can't help but smile when I look at her.

"The moon's brighter tonight, isn't it?" She asked. I sighed and looked up, too.

When I was young, I always tell her that she's like the sky. She's beautiful and everyone look up to her. But while growing up, seeing her being treated like that by my father, it changed.