4: First Thing to Face

You were given break for a week. Each of you intend to go back to your hometown. After a few months, now you can go back to your hometown, Busan. You miss everything about Busan.

"After several months of work, we are finally able to return home. I miss my hometown." Jane said with enthusiasm.

You start to put your stuffs into the luggage. Every time you have your break, you are the happiest people on earth.

The next morning, you wake up early and start preparing. You wear a hoodie and do not to forget a face mask.

You and Jiyoon comes from the same hometown. Your manager send both of you to the train station.

"Please be careful. Tell me when you've arrive Busan later", said your manager to both of you.

"Okay oppa. We will inform you later. Have a nice break too", you replied with smile.

"You can't hide your excitement face. Send my regard to your family", he said to both of you again.

"Nae oppa." Both of you said it to him. Both of you hug him and go into the train. As you're entering the train, your manager left the train station.

It took almost 3 hours to you got to Busan from Seoul. It was a great journey from Seoul since the fans really respect your privacy.

Two of you stay at the train station for a moment until Jiyoon ask you why didn't going back home by taxi. "Eonnie, why we're not going? What are waiting for now?", she asked you.

You smile at her and reply, "I forgot to tell you that my friend will pick us up but my friend is still on his way here". Jiyoon look a bit shocked with your answer.

"Why?", you asked her as you saw her reaction. "I thought we're going back by taxi or maybe your father will pick us up. Look like I'll going home alone." She said.

"No, didn't I told you that my friend will pick us. Right? I told you that just now", you convinced her.

While waiting, you two call your manager and tell him that you have arrived safely in Busan. Suddenly, someone tapped your shoulder. You turn your head and saw a man standing while smiling at you.

"You surprised me! Long time no see", you hugged him.

You noticed Jiyoon's face when she saw you suddenly hug the man. Jiyoon is still on the phone with your manager. "Chingu", you told her.

She seem relieved. She tell your manager that your friend is already there and off the call. You introduce him to Jiyoon.

"Jiyoon, this is Hyun Jae. Hyun Jae you know her right? This is Jiyoon", you introduce them to each other.

Hyun Jae is your bestfriend since you're a kid and he's your neighbour. He pick both of you from the train station because your father is going to work and no one can pick you up so you ask for his help. Fortunately, he's not going to work on that day.

You decide to send Jiyoon home first then you'll going back home with Hyun Jae. Jiyoon talk a lot to Hyun Jae even they've just met each other but unfortunately they can't talk any longer because Jiyoon has arrived home.

"Eonnie, see you in a few days. Take care. Hyun Jae oppa, thanks for sending me home", she thanked him and wave at both of you. Hyun Jae drove away from there and heading back to your house.

"Who did you call?", Hyun Jae as he saw you calling someone. "Eomma. I'm telling her that I'm going to the beach for awhile. You don't mind right?", you asked.

"Of course I don't. Let's go", he give you an answer that you wanna hear from him.

A short while later, you arrive at the beach, which is the naughty, sandy, the blue sea. With great pleasure, you start to walk along the beach with Hyun Jae. The sand looked clean like sugar spread out for miles, as it squished between your toes. It was dark outside and stars floated in the distance.

At this moment, your eyes are just like a digital camera, catching every corner of the landscape and every movement of the creatures there. The waves crash into one another, the breeze blowing from the tide, the smell of salty ocean. Far away from the beach, there is a seagull flying with a pair of strong wings.

"I meet him again", you broke the silence. "Who? Jimin?", Hyun Jae asked. You slightly nod.

"So what happen?", Hyun Jae curiously asked you. "Nothing happen but yet the pain hit me so hard, Hyun Jae. It make me think how cruel he is betraying me at that time", you tell Hyun Jae.

"I don't know what I can tell you but yet I can tell you to move on since he has move on. Look at him now. He doesn't even care about you but why you should care", he answered.

"I know right. I'm trying and now I'm trying to face him. We're both idol so I know that I'll meet him one day. Now, I'm ready to face him", you confidently said so.

Hyun Jae stare at you and say, "Are you sure about that?". You stop then move infront of him while staring at his eye and say confidently, "Yes I am!".

"Then face the first thing in front of you", he suddenly said something that you didn't expect. "What do you mean?", your asked as your face obviously shown that you're blank.

"I don't know if this a destiny or what but yet you need to turn around and look who's at your back", he said with serious tone.

You turn around and you didn't expect to meet him there. He's in front of you along with some of his friends.