29: Scared

You've got these strange messages for two months but you still keep them as secret. You did not tell anyone especially Jimin. You don't want to bother him with it.

After a few weeks didn't meet each other, the two of you were given a day off and it's on the same day. You promised to meet in your home which is your hiding place.

As you arrived at your house, you put the foods that you buy on the table since Jimin isn't there yet and your phone rang. There's a message.

You thought it's from Jimin but it's from the guy. The message really make you froze and scared. You can't even move and control yourself. You never felt scared everytime you received message from him but not for that day.

Jimin had arrived but you don't even turn back until he called your name. "Hyerin-ah."

You turned to Jimin, Jimin saw your face tight, every thought focused on masking your fears - your eyes dimmed. He knew there's something wrong.

Jimin reached out and hugged you tightly, his arms as shields of love, a hug so warm yet so different than a motherly embrace.

When you finally parted, you felt is absence as a cold wind, wishing you could keep him wrapped around you like a well worn sweater for always. "I'm scared." You look down with your teary eye.

Immediately his arms are around you and your legs crumble. "Why Hyerin? Baby..." You slouch down on the couch.

Jimin crouches in front of you. With your head in your hands, you hide your tears beneath the blanket of your hair. You want to speak, but it's as though someone is choking you.

His hand reaches through the space between your arms, his fingers gently touching your chin. You drop your hands and look at him, fighting back tears.

"I'm scared I'll lose you. I don't want BTS and ARMYs to lose you. That's the only I thing I'm scared of. I'm sorry." You cry and Jimin pull you into hug.

"Shhhh... What are you talking about? Shhh...You won't lose me. Calm down baby." He pat your back and caressed your hair. He calmed you down.

Jimin's POV
It was painful to see her like this. All I could do was embrace her and let the torrent of her tears to soak through my shirt. I could feel her clench her fists, not knowing whether to be mad or to give up hope all together.

I could hear her silently screaming, suffocating with each breath she took holding onto her pride. I ran my fingers through her hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within her mind.

"Fear is part of being human, baby, it's the precursor to bravery. We need it, it wakes us up to what needs to be done. So feel it, own it, let it ignite your thoughts." I try to convinced her to fight it even I don't know what does she mean by losing me.

"He come again to me. He always mentioned you. What can I do? Why must you? Why not just me?" She finally say it but I'm shocked.

I pull myself from the hug and look at her but she refuse to make eye contact with me. "Look at me, Hyerin." She still looked down.

"Kim Hyerin! Look at me. Please." She slowly raised up her head and look at me with her puffy eye. I cupped her face. "Tell me."

She still being silent. I can see how scared she is. "Hyerin-ah, it's too hurtful for me to look at you like this. Please tell me. Since when he come to you. Did he just came to you?"

She shook her head. That even make me even more shocked and I'm so mad at her but I can't show it because it will make thing even worse. "Tell me everything."

She started to talk, "He came right after my comeback. He start to send me messages and talk about you. He looks like knew everything I did, who I met. Everything. He knew about Yoonji and Hyunjae too."

"I'm sorry for bring all of you in this. I supposed to die that day or maybe I should go away from you so that....." I kissed her lips to stop her saying it. I slowly let go her lips, "No one should die and you don't have to go away."

"I'm bringing all to you. You're in danger because of me. You don't deserved it. I'm sorry." She cried again and I know nothing can comfort her. I just let her cry in my arm.

"He threatened you mean he threatened me too. I won't leave you. Tell me everything he told you. Don't missed any single message or threat. Tell me. Okay?" She nods and cry. I just let her cry if that can make she feel better.

I sit next to her and she put her head on my shoulder. I know she's scared people she loves will get hurt. I decided to lay down on the couch with her.

Just as the first bite of cold wind creeps under my night-shirt Hyerin's hand moves around my middle, warm and soft. In seconds her body is moulded to my own, sharing her body heat as easily as she shares her heart.

I could never let another close to me like this, but she's so different. I've never known a person to always wanna protect others, even she knew her life in danger. There's a purity to her, naivety perhaps, but she's the only flower in the meadow for my eyes. It make me wanna protect her even more.

After a while, Hyerin finally sleeps in my hug. I carefully took Hyerin's phone and opened the messages she received. The man didn't allow her to report the matter to her manager but if she reported it too, I would be in danger.

"So this is why she kept on silent. This is all because of me but how can she being this calm." I wondered and kiss her head. I scrolled again until I read the last message.

"You think if you didn't tell Jimin, Jimin will be safe? Even if you told him, he won't be safe. Jimin won't be safe if you keep running and ignoring me. His life depend on you, Kim Hyerin!"