Kai Parker x reader [Pt. 1]

I paced around the room, my hands pressed together until I turned to him. By him, I meant Kai Parker. I'd been in love with him for so long now but I knew of his sociopath ways and I didn't know if I could handle that. Handle being around that. It scared me to death to be honest but...how I felt for him was just so much stronger. I first met him in the prison world when I'd been "put" there with Bonnie and Damon. But things were different now. He had merged with Luke and he was...different. Not quite like before and...I didn't know how much longer I could keep pushing these feelings away. It was eating me alive and I didn't know how to stop it.

Kai looked back at me, concern etched on his face. A feeling I didn't know he even had until recently. He was drunk now and I probably shouldn't even be here with him. Who knows what a drunk Kai Parker could be capable of? But I couldn't stay away. Besides...I knew he wouldn't hurt me. I walked up to him slowly, his eyes following my every move. He reached up his hand and moved a strand of hair away from my eyes.

His hand moved down to my waist, pulling me closer to him. I gasped at the contact and looked up into his piercing blue eyes. He wrapped his arms around my torso and rested his forehead on mine. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"April...what are you even doing here?" he whispered, his hot breath on my skin.

I shuddered before answering him.

"You know how I feel, Kai....you have to know." I said softly, looking down at the floor.

He placed his long fingers under my chin and lifted my eyes up to meet his.

"How could you feel that way about someone like me? After everything I did, everything I still plan to do. How can you say that?" he said, his voice slightly broken.

I shook my head and put my hand on his face.

"Because I know who you are underneath..." I whispered before pressing my lips to his.

His lips were soft and I could feel how tense he was. After a few seconds, he relaxed and kissed me back. I felt sparks, fireworks, everything they say in the stories. I'd never felt anything like this before. Suddenly, he broke away from me, his eyes wide.

"I shouldn't have done that. You shouldn't even be here. April, go." he said, his eyes far away and distant.

"What are you talking about? I thought you felt the same!" I said, reaching for him.

He batted my hands away and I pulled back like he'd burned me.

"You can't feel anything for a monster like me..." he said, his voice breaking at the last word.

I blinked back tears and ran out the door, not even looking where I was going.

He didn't love me back....maybe he was a monster after all....