Harry Hook x reader [Pt. 2]

It didn't take long for me to grow accustomed to this gang of pirates. At first, they terrified me. But the more I saw, the more I got to know them...I realized they were all just lost boys - forever searching for somewhere to belong. And they were their own family. When they began to treat me as such, my immediate reaction was to push them away. The only person in the world to ever care for me after all was a world away because of them.

Ah, dad. I missed him with every fiber of my being. I was sitting in the lookout tower now on the ship, the waves below me rocking it gently back and forth. It had been the one place I'd found that brought me any kind of peace over what I'd lost. Where I could gaze out at the bright lights of Auradon. Even through the dark expanse of the night sky, those lights shone brightly.

Something flopped down beside me suddenly, interrupting my thoughts. I almost shrieked before I noticed it was Harry. I rolled my eyes. Scottish twat. He always seemed to find me, no matter where I went on the Isle. Of course, his own pirate ship probably wasn't the best place to hide from him, I reminded myself.

"Found ya, lassie," he grinned and I sighed, throwing my hands up in defeat.

"Good for you," I bit out sarcastically.

He tsked at my sour mood.

"What bit you on the bum, princess?" he quipped and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Nothing bit me, Harry I just wanted to be alone," I told him moodily.

He nodded, "Great idea. To be alone is good..."

Silence ensued then and I mistakenly believed it would stay that way...until he opened his big mouth.

"We can be alone together then," he agreed and I whipped my head around.

"That's not-" I started but fell short.

Why even bother with this lunatic?

"Never mind," I huffed out, blowing a strand of ebony hair from my face.

This time, he rolled his eyes. Pulling off his worn, red pirate hat, he set it down beside him. Great, he really was staying. I pulled the moth-eaten blanket one of the pirates had given me closer to my body, trying to keep warm in this frigid, night air. He eyed me up and down.

"Are you cold?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

But before I had the chance to answer, he had placed his arm around me. Pulling me closer to his chest, a scarlet blush lit up my cheeks. Thank goodness it was dark out here, hopefully too dark to see my now very red face. After a few moments of silence, I let myself relax and pressed my cheek his warm chest, my hand coming to rest there as well.

"Will you stay here, princess?" he asked so quietly, I almost didn't hear him.

I shifted in his arms the, taken aback by the question. My gray orbs met his electric-blue ones. He bit his lip and oh how the butterflies started up in my stomach at that tiny action. And I knew the answer then in my heart. But I didn't answer him with words. Leaning in slowly, my lips met his in the darkness.

His mouth was soft and gentle against mine, moving in sync instantly. His hand rested on my hip as he brought me closer. So close that I could feel strands of his brown hair tickle my skin. And in that one moment, I knew I was home. I was no longer just a princess from Auradon. I was his.

His pirate princess.