Percy Jackson x reader [1]

Note: This was inspired by my own trip to the Parthenon in Nashville actually ;)

"I'm so excited to see the Parthenon!" I shrieked in delight from the passenger seat of my boyfriend's pick-up truck.

"It's not the real one, you know," Percy pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

"Close enough." I waved him off.

He weaved in and out through traffic, making me just the slightest bit anxious. A car zipped in front of him then and he let out a frustrated groan, slamming his fists on the leather steering wheel.

"Gosh, driving in this is-" he started to say but I cut him off.

"No swearing, Perc," I warned, briefly arching an eyebrow.

"-the Underworld." he finished with a cheeky smile and I shook my head, a slight smile on my own face.

My eyes scanned the map in my hands, the lines crisscrossing each other on the paper.

"Okay, turn left up here," I told him, pointing to the other side of the road.

Tilting his head slightly from side to side to look down the street, he drove onto the other road. Looming up before us was a spectacular, huge complex. Pillars held it up on both sides, spanning the width of it. Engraved above the doors were etchings of the Greek gods and goddesses. The Parthenon.

"Wow! An exact replica of the Parthenon in Nashville," I breathed out, my eyes widening at the sight.

Percy nodded, "That's what Annabeth said too,"

I glared daggers at my boyfriend.

"Don't bring her up. I'm having a good day so far." I admonished him.

He snickered as we got out of the truck. He loved to tease me about my hatred for the blonde demigod. For some reason, her bossy attitude just got on my nerves. When we stepped into the large building, my breath caught in my throat. The Athena statue's presence dominated the room, making everything else almost disappear if it weren't for Percy's hand in mine. He squeezed it and I smiled over at him.

"This is incredible!" I breathed out as his fingertips caressed the back of my hand.

"Isn't it?" Percy grinned, pulling me along behind him as we weaved between people to get closer to the statue.

Percy led me through the large expanse, showing me all of the paintings as well as the Mesoamerican artifacts in the outer rooms.

"Oh my gosh, Percy, look!" I squealed, walking over to look at one of the small pre-Columbian statuettes, "My ancestors made this!"

He laughed at my child-like wonder and nodded.

"And hey, that one looks like Octavian!" he said, pointing to a statue with a large nose.

I giggled and shook my head at him, "That's just cold, Jackson."

He just shrugged, grinning. After walking around a bit more, we made our way outside before climbing into his pick-up truck. Suddenly, I captured his lips in a soft but brief kiss. He laughed when I pulled away.

"What was that for?" he asked as he started to pull out of the parking lot.

I moved closer to him on the seat, wrapping my arms around his own arm and placing my cheek against the soft material of the sleeve of his navy-blue hoodie.

"That was for taking me today," I replied simply.

I saw him smile then as I snuggled deeper into his side.

"Anything for my girl."