Merton J. Dingle x reader

Note: Okay, this one shot is from an old old TV show from the late 90's called Big Wolf On Campus that I grew up watching and yeah, Merton was the love of my childhood life ;)

It was just a normal day in Pleasantville. Or so I thought. I had moved here with my mom just a few weeks ago and just started exploring. And by exploring, I meant spending most of my time locked away in the library reading. As I walked home that night, an owl hooted in a tree overhead and crickets chirped. Moonlight filtered down through the trees creating dapples of light on the sidewalk.

My sneakers made no sound on the cracked pavement. Suddenly, the wind picked up around me, blowing my straight brown hair in my face. Pushing it away with my hand, I kept going. That was weird. There wasn't supposed to be a storm today. Light sprinkles of rain landed on my skin then and I cursed under my breath.

I pulled the hood on my jacket up over my head and trudged on. The rain got harder and harder as I neared some houses. Then the bottom dropped out. Hard pellets of rain fell fast around me. I shrieked in surprise and looked around desperately for shelter to no avail. Finally, my eyes landed on a house to my left.

I ran as fast as I could and pounded on the door. A voice shouted something from inside and after several seconds, the door swung open. A very pale teenage guy stood in the doorway. He was dressed in black from head-to-toe and his jet-black hair was spiked on the top. His mouth dropped open in surprise when he saw me.

"Hi, can I please come in?" I asked hesitantly as the rain soaked me thoroughly.

"Uh, y-yeah, sure, sure, come in." he stuttered out, ushering me inside with one hand.

I giggled at his nervousness and stepped inside, pushing my hood back. My wet dark hair cascaded down my back as I turned to face the boy.

"I'm Lydia Livingston," I told him cheerfully, holding out a hand for him to shake.

"Merton J. Dingle," he said, shaking the hand I offered briefly.

I glanced around his room in awe. Eccentric Gothic decorations covered the walls - swords, statuettes, mini-coffins, etc. It was like being in a horror shop - I loved it!

"Wow, your place is amazing!" I said in wonder as I gawked at everything.

"Yeah, it's my lair," he shrugged with a goofy smile plastered to his face amid the rise of a pink blush.

"Cool name for it," I complimented as my eyes fell on a stack of vampire comics on his desk, "Oh my gosh, are those Buffy comics?!"

His beautiful gray eyes brightened at the mention of them and he nodded excitedly. I giggled at how adorable he was.

"You know, Merton, I think you and I are going to become great friends."