Robin De Noir x reader [Pt. 2]

The dinner went well and they both went to stay with her father's friends later that week. They were nicer than Natalie had expected. The Coueur was very friendly as well as his daughter, Loveday, her fiancee, Benjamin Merryweather, his daughter's fiancee's niece, Maria Merryweather, and his daughter's fiancee's niece's governess, Miss Heliotrope. His son though she had met by chance in the forest one day. He tried to attack her but once he found out that she was his father's friend's daughter, he'd released her, albeit unwillingly. He had entranced her in a way that no other boy had before.

He was beautiful - soft brown curls that just reached to the nape of his neck, chocolate-brown eyes, and full, plump lips that begged to be kissed. Over the next few weeks that they stayed with them, Natalie got to know him very well. But he didn't care for her. In fact, she thought he hated her. Yet no matter how hard she tried to tell him how she really felt, she couldn't make herself do it. And now her time was almost up.

They'd left once briefly to town for a while before coming back to the Valley but they would be going back home in a few days. The both of them were walking through the forest now, dead leaves crunching beneath our feet. Silence ensued between us but she had to say it.

"Robin, I know that by telling you this, I'm making a fool out of myself but I feel you have to know,"

Robin rolled his eyes and started to walk away.

"Robin, I love you."

He stopped dead in his tracks.

"I've loved you since the day I first saw you. Since I first met you that day in the woods. When you first tried to attack me and held me in your arms,"

Robin turned to look at her then, his brown eyes catching the last of the fading sunlight.

"When I looked up into your eyes for the first time and I thought I would lose myself. When you wear that hat, that at first I thought was silly and that I realized I adore you in it. When you make a promise and I know that you always intend to keep it. The look in your eyes when you thought that they were hurting me," she told him, thinking back to the time she'd ventured to the De Noir castle on her own and he'd rescued her.

Robin had been stepping a bit closer to her every time she spoke. He was very near to her now.

"When I decided that I loved those feathers you put on your jacket, although it still doesn't make any sense to me why you wear them. When you call me 'princess' and before I always hated it but now I love that name,"

Robin was only a few steps away from her now.

"When you protect me all the time, no matter what you're doing, you'll drop it for me. The way you look when the moonlight shines upon your face," Natalie admitted, glancing down at her sneakers.

"When you tried to kiss me and I wanted you to so badly but I refused because I knew you were only joking,"

He was only a few inches away from her now.

"When I realized all along that it had been you who had been taking my ribbons. When you dance with me and I feel like I want to stay in your arms forever. When I breathe you in and you always smell like leather and the forest," she said softly, "And it's then that I realize that you're my true love. You always have been,"

He stepped closer to her.

"I'm sorry but I felt that you needed to know that before I leave. And I know that I'm not Maria and I don't have fancy dresses and I-"

Suddenly, Robin held her face in his hands and kissed her. It was a deep and passionate kiss. One that could never be broken. One that would last forever. Finally, Robin broke the kiss. But he still held her face.

"Robin, I-I-I don't know what to say,"

"Then don't say anything. I've loved you this whole time as well. I-I've always loved your eyes, the way you smile, the way you always reach for my hand when you're scared, the way you don't care what people think, the way you always care about how I'm feeling and am concerned if I'm sick. Even the way you pout when you lose. I love everything about you. Everything. I have since i first met you. And I never want to lose you. Ever," he said to her, his voice soft.

Robin took a deep breath and Natalie wondered what he was going to say next. Suddenly, Robin knelt down on one knee. She gasped, realizing what this meant.