Twelfth Doctor x reader [2]

"Just let me see it!"

"No!"

"Seriously, Doctor, I need to!"

"No, you don't! Get away from me!"

I let out a frustrated sigh as I chased the Doctor around the console in the middle of the TARDIS. He had a hand pressed firmly to his chest as he ran, crimson liquid staining the dark-blue velvet shirt under his coat. He'd gotten injured by a Sontaran and he was refusing to let me see the wound so I could help him. The first-aid kit was still spread out unused across the console and after glancing down at it, I shot the Doctor a disapproving look.

"Doctor, if you don't let me help you, that cut could get infected. Then you'd have to go to a real doctor," I admonished him, arching my eyebrows for emphasis.

He stopped suddenly, whipping around to face me with a disgruntled expression.

"I am a real doctor," he sniffed, his pride clearly wounded by the statement.

I rolled my eyes as I walked over to him.

"Yeah, sure, you are..." I muttered as I led him over to the stairs to take a seat.

Gingerly, he sat down and I brought the kit over with me.

"Now take off your shirt," I advised him, picking through the contents of the small, white box until I found some gauze and a tiny, clear bottle of rubbing alcohol.

His ice-blue eyes widened considerably and he waved his hands dramatically at me.

"No! No way! Just give me the stuff and I'll do it myself," he insisted with his thick Scottish accent, trying to grab the items from my hands.

I pulled away, shrugging him off.

"Don't worry about it, Doctor. I grew up with two younger brothers. They'd always be getting into scuffles, climbing trees, and getting cuts. Believe me, I know what I'm doing," I assured him, taking a cloth and wetting it with the rubbing alcohol.

He shifted uncomfortably beside me, biting his lip. I heard him mumble something under his breath then and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, glancing up at him.

"What? I didn't catch that," I said.

Running a hand through his white and gray curls, he sighed.

"I said I don't want you to see me...without my shirt on," he muttered.

I tilted my head to the side, "But why?"

He crossed his arms over his chest, wincing slightly from the pressure he was putting on the wound.

"Because I'm not...I'm not a young man..." he trailed off softly.

"What are you talking about-" I began when suddenly, it dawned on me.

The Doctor was insecure! My heart melted at his shyness and slowly, I pried his arms free of his chest, taking his hands in mine. Hesitantly, his eyes met mine and I smiled over at him.

"Doctor, I...I don't care about that. I never have," I admitted and I saw his eyes soften a fraction.

"Really?" he asked and I nodded.

"Really."

And with that declaration, I helped him pull of his coat and bloodied shirt. I bit my lip as I glanced at his shirtless body, blushing slightly when he caught me staring. Hurriedly, I dabbed at the cut and bandaged it up. I met his eyes then and did something so bold, it surprised the both of us. Shifting closer to him, I crashed my lips into his. He was shocked at first before he kissed me back with a passion I didn't know he possessed.

His lips were soft and plump, gliding across mine smoothly as he pulled me roughly to him. I t was in that moment that I truly understood the meaning of "Age is just a number." Because it always had been.