Sweet Pea x reader [2]

He was gone. He was really...gone. Things had been...really hard with him lately. I couldn't deny that. In fact, just remembering it brought back the pain but...in my heart - deep in my vault of memories - I could feel a part of me breaking.

He'd been there my entire life and now...he was gone. It was hard to believe he was no longer in this world. Everything felt as if it was just...falling away. All falling away now... Almost as if it wasn't quite real to me yet...like it hadn't fully sunk in. It was like a part of my own life was gone in a sense.

Sweet Pea didn't understand though. He tried - he really did. But he'd never dealt with loss like this before - the loss of someone that would never...never come back. And too, to know in your heart, that you'd never get the chance to fix what was broken. No way of repairing the damage done.

Sweet's arm came around me then, bringing me into his chest comfortingly. But no tears would come. It was like I was numb. Maybe it was just the way things were when you were estranged from someone and they passed. You knew, deep down, it was their fault the relationship had soured but in the end...there was a piece of you that would never heal from that kind of hurt. Not even once they were gone from this world.

But no matter what, Sweet Pea had been with me through all this, just sitting here, holding me and saying nothing. It wasn't until I got the phone call from my mother to tell me when the funeral would be held that it all hit me at once. And for the first time then - in all the hours, all the days - since I'd gotten the news, I broke down. My shoulders heaved and I felt the rush of tears wash over me, streaming down my face in succession. Ugly sobs bubbled up from my throat and in two seconds, Pea had gotten up from his perch on my bed and pulled me into his chest. My arms went around his torso immediately, holding onto his towering form for dear life. Like I was drowning in the ocean and he was the only lifesaver left in the world.

My tears soaked the black shirt he wore underneath his signature Serpents jacket but I knew he didn't care as he just held me tighter, letting out all the anguish, hurt, and misery he had caused me for so long. Letting me grieve for the person he'd once been and the relationship we'd once had...so long ago.