Jerome Valeska x reader [1]

I let out a laugh as one of the Maniax pushed another man off the ledge. He screamed loudly as he fell through the air before landing on the concrete sidewalk below with a sickening crunch! Grinning, I glanced over at my boyfriend who was perched beside me. His flaming red hair was lit up with the first rays of sunlight trickling overhead. Bright blue orbs lit up as he chuckled. Gosh, I loved this man.

We'd met in Arkham not long after he got there. While he was locked up for killing mommy dearest while I on the other hand, had merely stabbed the bully in my school...repeatedly...with a butcher knife I stole from the cafeteria. Either way, he was my perfect match. From day one, he knew me better than anyone else. He knew my sociopathic tendencies and didn't care, knew my rough childhood and didn't care, knew everything and didn't care. He just loved me for me.

I'd never found that with anyone before. Of course he was psychotic and murdered people on a whim but that's what I loved most about him. He was perfect. Intertwining my tan fingers with his very pale ones as we sat on the ledge, I gave his hand a slight squeeze. He ripped his blue eyes away from the scene below, snapping to our hands. Smirking up at me, I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.

From below, I could hear photographers and newspaper reporters running around, snapping pictures of us. Evidently deciding to give them a show, Jerome grabbed my waist roughly and pulled me into him. As I was flush against him, I put my hands on his chest to steady myself so as not to fall of the edge. His heartbeat pounded wildly beneath my fingertips and I shivered just then as his hot breath fanned my face.

"Wanna give 'em something to remember, doll-face?" he whispered in my ear, his lips just brushing my earlobe.

I smirked back at him. He'd always had that effect on me. Wordlessly, I grabbed the back of his neck and smashed my lips into his. He immediately kissed me back, soft but hungrily. My fingers ran through tufts of bright red hair at the nape of his neck, the skin there warm against my hands. His own hands held firmly onto my waist as he kept kissing me, thumbs rubbing circles on my hips. Finally, we broke away - the both of us panting.

I lied my head on his chest then, taking in big gulps of air as his hands rubbed up and down my back. A slight "hm" left my mouth and Jerome let out a deranged laugh.

"What 'hm'?" he asked, smirking.

I shrugged, gazing up at him, "Nothing, nothing. It's just...murder looks good on you, Jerome Valeska. You should do it more often."

He grinned down at me and I grinned back before he glanced back down at the dead bodies below.

"Cause all the best people are crazy..." I sang softly to myself, snuggling into my lovely psycho boyfriend's checkered prison t-shirt.