Bellamy Blake x reader [3]

He was supposed to be back hours ago. But it was now 1 AM and he still wasn't back. I chewed my nails in nervous anxiety. He'd went out with Brian, Murphy, and Harper. Why weren't they back yet?! I let out a frustrated sigh, slamming the book I was trying to read down on the table.

"He's gonna be okay, you know. He always is," a feminine voice said from the doorway.

I looked up and saw Clarke standing there, hands in her pockets. I frowned, shaking my head.

"What if something went wrong? What if he's hurt? or worse?!" I said, panic rising in my voice.

Clarke was across the room in a second, patting me on the back in a sisterly way.

"Shh, shh. It'll be alright. He will be alright," she soothed, concern evident in her voice.

I let out a sigh, "I should've gone, too,"

"You know he doesn't like you going," she pointed out and I made a face.

"You know I don't care what he likes," I reminded her and she laughed.

"Yeah, I know. The both of you are stubborn like that. Guess that's why you're perfectly matched," she arched an eyebrow.

I cracked a smile, nodding. Pushing a strand of hair back from my face, I smiled at my friend.

"Come on, you need to get some rest now," she admonished, leading me over to my bed like a small child.

I groaned, frowning, "But-"

"No, you need sleep. If anything changes, I'll call you. Okay?" she cut me off and I nodded reluctantly.

My head had barely hit the pillow before I'd fallen asleep. I must have slept for a couple of hours before the loud squeaking of the metal door woke me. My eyes shot open and I turned to see a tall figure step into the room, cloaked in shadows. The figure took a step towards the bed then and I made a grab for the gun Bellamy had left me on the nightstand.

"Stop! Stop!" a familiar deep voice called out, racing over and putting a hand over mine.

With my one free hand, I switched my lamp on instead and the room was lit up. I glanced up into the man's face then and let out a strangled cry - a mix of relief and surprise.

"Bellamy?!" I cried out, tears clouding my eyes.

He smiled tiredly and before he knew what was going on, I'd tackled him in a hug, legs wrapping around his waist. He laughed, smiling as he hugged me back, holding me tightly to him.

"It's alright, it's alright. I'm home now. Didn't I say I'd always come back to you, princess?" he said softly in my ear, chasing all my doubts away.