Spike x reader [3]

The wind caught my hair in the breeze, fanning out behind me like I was some kind of super model. The thought almost made me scoff out loud. Far from it, in fact. Well...maybe a plus-size super model but that was alright - my boyfriend loved me just the way I was. As he'd told me a thousand times over. Just then the motorcycle turned the corner, shaking the thoughts loose from my head. Smiling, I gripped him around the stomach tighter, my cheek pressed to his back.

"Going too fast for you, love?" Spike asked loudly from the front, trying to make himself heard over the wind.

I rolled my eyes, clearly hearing the smirk hidden in his voice.

"Not fast enough!" I shouted back and he chuckled.

"Fine. But remember you asked for it. Buckle up, Daddy's puttin' the hammer down!" he called over his shoulder, gunning the engine.

I let out a squeal of laughter as we zoomed down the road, the roar of the engine drowning out all other sounds. My eyes fluttered closed and I bit my lip, grinning. This was heaven - being here with Spike like this. It made all the sadness of losing mom go away...for a time at least. It was always temporary peace but I welcomed it. I was so grateful to have him in my life. Buffy didn't approve, of course but what did that matter?

She wasn't one to judge my actions. Especially considering the fact that she'd been sneaking around with Angel again. Oh, she never said it, of course, but the whole Scooby gang knew about her secret little escapades to L.A. I'd once harbored a crush on the vampire myself back in the early days of high school when Buffy and I had first arrived at Sunnydale. But those days were long gone once I'd met Spike. I knew i was in love with him the day he left with Drusilla actually.

And even more so when he came back after they'd broken up. She didn't deserve someone so wonderful, so amazing. Our friendship changed after that and...somewhere along the way, "we" happened. It was the best day of my life when he'd confessed his feelings for me - I'd been on Cloud 9. Suddenly, the engine stopped and I realized we had arrived back at my house. I frowned, knowing we'd have to part now. But just as I'd swung my legs off the motorcycle and stepped onto the wet grass, I cleared my throat.

"Will you stay a while?" I asked him and he turned to look at me.

Piercing blue eyes connected to mine and like always, I felt the breath leave my body at his gaze boring into me. Then finally, he smiled, nodding in reply. Turning off the engine, he followed after me into the house and up to my bedroom. I went to the bathroom then and quickly got dressed into my Happy Bunny pajamas. When I came back out, Spike was stretched out on the opposite side of my bed. His long, black leather coat was lying over a chair to my right and I noticed with a roll of my eyes that he was still wearing his muddy, combat boots. His eyes met mine before roving over my frame.

"Cute PJ's, sweetheart." he smirked, arching an eyebrow approvingly.

I snorted, shaking my head as I climbed into bed beside him. Immediately, he pulled me into his side and I caught his hand. I ran a thumb over the chipped black paint on his fingernails right before he intertwined our fingers. I hummed happily as I lied my head on his chest, the soft material of his black t-shirt brushing against my cheek. Even though I couldn't hear a heartbeat, I could feel the soft rise and fall of his chest and that brought me a sense of peace and security like nothing else did. His arms were wrapped firmly around me, holding me tight.

A sigh escaped my lips as my fingers dug into his t-shirt, keeping him as close as possible. I loved Spike so much.