Brighton Sheffield x reader

Note: First of all, this was originally meant to be a fanfiction but since it's not an overly-popular TV show, I figured I'd just make it a one shot instead :) Also the GIF above has nothing to do with this one shot, it's just all I could find for a GIF of him lol XD

My dirty sneakers scuffed up the nice, white tile as I stepped into the apartment. I was more like a mansion though, what with the expensive interior. I swiveled my head around, trying to glimpse everything.

"Hun?" Fran spoke up from in front of me.

I looked up, meeting my godmother's brown eyes.

"Hm?" I asked.

"Better close ya mouth or you'll catch flies." she advised and I nodded, closing my mouth where it had gaped open.

I followed along behind her into the kitchen where a man stood at the counter, chopping vegetables. He had sandy blond hair and he smiled when he saw me.

"Ah, you must be Fran's goddaughter. I have to say, I think I've probably met all of you Fines by now," he said warmly, the last part coming out slightly sarcastic.

I grinned, shaking the hand he'd offered.

"It's nice to meet you," I chirped and Fran smiled down at me proudly.

"Isn't she a doll?" she crowed to him, her thick Brooklyn accent sticking to the words, "She's just like her father, Cousin Louie. May he rest in peace,"

Niles frowned, "Oh, I'm sorry. He passed away?"

Fran furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and waved a hand dismissively.

"No, he got hit by a bus while crossing the street. He's resting in a hospital in Fresno."

I grinned and rolled my eyes at her. Gotta love this family. The sudden sound of feet on the stairs interrupted the conversation then. A small, brunette girl went whizzing by me with a frosted cupcake in her hand and Fran threw her hands up in exasperation.

"Where did Gracie get a cupcake from?" she asked, hands moving to rest on her hips.

Niles shrugged, trying to look innocent.

"She said it was for a school project," he sniffed.

"And you believed her?" Fran asked him in disbelief.

He shrugged and she let out a sigh.

"Niles, you are worse than my mother." she shook her head in disapproval at him.

Two more sets of footsteps bounded down the stairs then. First came a tall, teenage blonde girl who smiled warmly at me followed by a boy. His hair was short and blond, falling onto his forehead in strands and his eyes were a beautiful sky-blue. The girl introduced herself as Maggie and then the boy stepped up. He held out a hand and I nervously shook it, biting my lip.

"Hi, I'm Brighton. Brighton Sheffield. And you are?" he flirted, breaking the ice.

I laughed, the anxiety in my stomach melting away.

"Fran's goddaughter. Nice to meet you." I told him, smiling.

He smiled back and I felt butterflies swarm in my stomach at the gesture. As I gazed over at him, I knew that this was the beginning of a very complicated kind of friendship.