Dallas Winston x reader

My brown eyes were glued to Dallas as he leaned against the light pole on the corner of Pickett and Sutton across from where I stood. He took a long drag of his cigarette before removing it, letting a puff of smoke emit from his plump, pink lips. A dreamy sigh escaped my mouth and I bit my lip, just watching him giving me butterflies. Beside me, my younger twin brother, Johnny, nudged my shoulder and I glanced over at him. A smile broke out across my face and he returned it.

"Hey, Johnnycake. Ready to go?" I asked.

"Sure, Jennycake." he replied and I grinned at the childhood nickname.

The boys had nicknamed me and Johnny that when we first met them. Somehow it had just stuck. Slinging an arm around him, we made our way down the street to the Curtis household. Johnny and I had been pretty much on our own for as long as I could remember. We both got beaten quite a bit at home so I'd vowed from a young age to watch out for him, taking the beatings for him as often as I could. And when I couldn't protect him, I sent him off to the Curtis' and Darry, Soda, and Pony would look after him for me.

I always joked that they were our guardian angels. They were like brothers to me. Along with Steve and Two-Bit. Dally though...well, Dallas Winston was another story. He was young when he moved here from New York City.

I was already star-struck at the idea of a person who've lived in the big city coming here to Tulsa but seeing him? Seeing him just made me more in awe. He was...perfect. His hair was dark brown and disheveled framing a pair of twinkling chocolate-brown eyes. He predominantly wore a grim smile on his face - he was so hardened by the life he'd become accustomed to. But he was beautiful - beautiful in a way I'd never thought of a boy before.

Sure, I guess, the boys were cute and at 13, I'd even harbored a little crush on Sodapop. But after being friendzoned - or in this case, sisterzoned - the crush had faded and we went back to being buddies again. But Dallas was so much more complicated than that. I was so nervous whenever he just stood close to me and whenever he was chatting up a girl at the Nightly Double, I couldn't even see straight. I felt like I was losing my mind from this crush. I tried to stop - avoided him, fought with him, anything I could to get him off my mind but it never worked.

And eventually, I just gave up and submitted myself to pining from afar. Yeah, 'cause that was going well, I thought to myself with a roll of my eyes as Johnny and I strolled into the Curtis house. Sitting in front of the TV with a bowl of ice cream in his lap was Two-Bit. His blue eyes were glued to the screen as Mickey Mouse came on.

"Hey, Two," I greeted him and a grin broke out across his face when he saw me.

"Hey, Jenny. Mwickey S'on." he replied happily with a mouthful of ice cream, his cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk.

I snorted, rolling my eyes as he went back to the program. Ponyboy stepped out from his room then and smiled when he saw the two of us. He greeted Johnny before nodding to me.

"Ready to go, Pony?" I asked and he bit his lip, shaking his head.

I frowned in confusion, "Why are we waiting-"

But my words were cut short when Dally walked through the front door. He wore his signature brown leather jacket and a pair of faded dark jeans. My brown eyes met his when I saw him and I could feel a crimson blush rising up my neck. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I pushed past him and walked down the driveway.

"You coming, guys?" I called over my shoulder and I could hear Pony yell out to Darry that he was leaving before all boys began to walk behind me.

Dallas began talking about some "broad" he'd met at the Dingo when we finally arrived at the Nightly Double. We shimmied through the hole in the fence and made our way to the set of chairs off to the side. I went to get some popcorn while the guys saved a seat for me. The line wasn't long and it didn't take but a few minutes to buy two tubs of it for me and the boys. I turned around then, trying to balance everything when I collided smack-dab into another body. Kernels of buttery, yellow popcorn flew into the air, raining down onto me and the stranger as we lie sprawled out in front of the concession stand.

A laugh escaped my mouth and the person offered me their hand to help me up. Taking it gratefully, I was pulled to my feet. My eyes met a pair of hazel-green orbs then and I smiled.

"Sorry about that. I wasn't looking where I was going," he apologized and I shook my head, my brown hair flipping over my shoulder as I did.

"No, no, it was all me. I was carrying too much at once," I insisted and he smiled.

Finally I got a good look at him. His hair was blond and swept to the side and he wore a cream-colored sweater over a white polo t-shirt with tan slacks. Suddenly, it dawned on me. The boy was a Soc. I bit my lip, feeling self-conscious of my raggedy-clothing all of a sudden. I had no bumping into this guy, let alone having a conversation with him.

"You know, I'd better go-" I started to say when he cut me off, grabbing my wrist.

"Wait, I thought we were having a moment here," he smiled but suddenly, that smile didn't seem so friendly.

"What? Because you're a greaser you think you're too good to talk to a Soc?" he arched an eyebrow and I gaped at him.

"Wh-what? What are you even talking about?" I asked, trying to break free of his now vice-like grip, "Let me go!"

"Come on, why don't you stay a little longer?" he said, looking me up and down.

"I think she said 'no'," a hard voice interrupted and we both glanced up at the intrusion.

I felt a sigh of relief rise up in my throat when my eyes landed on Dallas standing there. His hand hovered over the pocket of his jeans where I knew his knife was but the Soc didn't seem to notice, not letting go of me.

"I don't believe you were even a part of this conversation, greaser," he spat, eyes like fire, "Why don't you go back to your grease-ball friends over there?"

The Soc hooked a finger towards Johnny and Ponyboy and I let out a growl, finally ripping my hand free. He glanced at me, ready to make a grab for me again when I punched him in the jaw with a resounding smack!

"Don't you ever talk about my brother and friends that way!" I snapped at him angrily.

The Soc held his face where I'd hit him, the skin turning pink there from the contact. Scowling, he slinked off and my eyes met Dally's. He grinned at me and I felt butterflies swarm in my belly.

"Wow...didn't know a gal like you could throw a punch like that, Jennycake," he smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully before shrugging.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Dallas Winston," I challenged him, not breaking eye contact.

He grinned again, nodding. He was silent a moment before speaking then.

"Well, how about I buy you a Coke then? Then I can find out what I don't know yet," he countered and this time, it was my turn to smile.

A blush tinted my cheeks and he noticed, laughing as I nodded.

"I'd like that a lot, Dally." I said as I hooked an arm through the one he offered me, walking up to the concession stand.

"One Coke for my dame, here," he told the man at the counter and I turned to him, arching an eyebrow with a smirk plastered on my face.

"Your dame, huh? I thought you needed to know more about me first," I asked and he grinned, shrugging before throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"You've always been my dame, Jenny. Smart gal like you, I thought you knew that already." he winked and I giggled, shaking my head.

Gosh, I loved this man.