Jughead Jones x reader [2]

Mistake. It was a mistake - the worst one I'd ever made and one that ruined everything with the man of my dreams, my whole heart - Jughead Jones. I guess I thought I could keep it a secret - that I could keep it from him. But I was wrong...and ashamed. As soon as he stepped into Pop's and I saw the brokenhearted look on his face, eyes drifting over the image now burned in his brain - me kissing Reggie - I instantly felt self-hatred. He was out the door in seconds with me following hot on his heels, leaving behind a very confused Reggie Mantle.

But he didn't matter - all that mattered was Jughead. My Converse-clad feet hit the puddle outside with a splash as the rain came down in sheets around us.

"Jughead, don't! Please-please just come back! We can fix this!" I shouted after him, tears streaming down my face.

My heart tightened in my chest as he whipped back around to face me. His blue-green eyes held tears and I felt shame wash over me, knowing I was the cause of his anguish.

"How?! How can we fix this?! Hm? When you lied to me! About everything!" he shouted back, his voice echoing in the night.

"I'm sorry! Okay? I'm sorry! I didn't mean-" I started to protest, choking on the words as he interrupted me.

"You're sorry?" he bit out, his voice cracking as he lowered his voice.

He ran a hand through the tufts of dark brown hair at the base of his neck in frustration and finally, tears began to stream down his cheeks.

"I gave my heart to you! I gave my heart to you and all you gave me was a facade!" he said, gesturing to his chest with one hand, his bracelets moving across his wrist as he did, "I guess I just wasn't worthy enough of the truth,"

"Jug, please, it wasn't like that! I wanted to tell you, I did-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Just don't... Just don't." he whispered, his voice catching in his throat as he turned away from me.

His figure retreated down the road and I fell to my knees onto the rain-soaked ground, feeling as if someone had ripped my heart out of my chest. Hot tears clouded my vision and I let out a strangled sob, my shoulders heaving up and down.

"Please, don't go..." I whispered into the silence that surrounded me.