Jughead Jones x reader [3]

"What's your favorite scary movie?"

"Umm....Friday the 13th! You know, the one where the guy in a white mask goes around stalking babysitters?"

"Ooh, that one was scary..."

I could practically feel Jughead's slow eye-roll from beside me. Out of all the horror movies we'd planned to watch tonight, Scream had not been his choice. He claimed it was because of the lack of over-all subplots and yada yada yada. In my opinion, it was because I had chosen it and not him. Or rather, I had vetoed his idea of watching Nightmare on Elm Street again for the 50th time instead.

We were about half-way into the movie though, our legs tangled together underneath the blanket as we sat on the couch, when I realized Jug had been staring at me. Repeatedly.

"Okay, what's your problem?" I finally asked, throwing my hands up in exasperation just as Billy shot Randy in the shoulder, fake blood staining Billy's white t-shirt crimson.

"You keep staring at Skeet Ulrich," he pointed out, eyebrows furrowing in suspicion.

I shifted uncomfortably beside him, moving my legs away from his.

"Well, sure. I mean, he is the antagonist-" I began but Jughead just waved me off.

"No, not in that way. You know what I'm talking about,"

Silence.

"So, are you gonna tell me or-"

"Fine! It's just, you know, Billy is a villain and...he's kinda attractive."

"That's just disturbing...

"Why?"

Silence.

"Jug?"

Nothing.

"Juggie?"

Completely silent, eyes widened in shock.

"Jughead! Can you hear me?" I asked, waving a hand in front of him.

All of a sudden, wordlessly, he got up from the couch, pushing the blanket back as he did and made his way down the hallway. Seconds later, he returned, holding a crumpled photograph in one hand. Gingerly, I took it from his outstretched hand as he sat down beside me and my eyes widened visibly in shock.

"Wait, is that-" I began, eyebrows hitting my hairline.

"Dad at 26," he confirmed, tufts of dark hair falling in his eyes as he nodded, "And he looks just like Billy Loomis,"

My eyes flicked to the screen then, watching as Billy and Stu taunted Sidney with her mother's death. I squinted then, shifting my gaze from the screen to the photo in hand then back again. I could feel Jughead watching me as I did. Finally, a sigh escaped my mouth and I shoved the photo back towards my best friend.

"Personally, I don't see it. Now shut up and let me continue to shamelessly gawk at a man twice my age."